*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/792676-Desire
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#792676 added September 30, 2013 at 1:07am
Restrictions: None
Desire
The September 30, 2013 prompt for "Blogging Circle of Friends Prompt Forum is
Grab the nearest book. Open it and go to the tenth word. Do a Google Image Search of the word. Write about what the image brings to mind.

I grabbed the nearest book, opened it to an random page, and went to the tenth word. That word was desire. I did a a Google Image Search using the word and found a picture of a man jumping off a cliff. The following words were printed on the picture.

DESIRE
If you greatly desire something, have the guts to stake
everything on obtaining it. ~Brendan Francis

To achieve the goal of my desire
cliff diving is necessary.

I must jump off the cliffs of my fears
and dive
into the cold unknown
ocean faith,
believing in my ability
to find my desire
through shark infested waters.

That poem is the first thing that came to mind. Finding my desire requires four things (1) faith, (2) prayer, (3) sacrifice, and (4) effort. In order to achieve any goal I need to take a leap of faith and sacrifice my fears upon the altar of my effort. I hope what I am saying makes sense because for sometime now I have realized I have to make some changes, but something seems to be holding me back. I am not sure whether it is fear of failure, fear of success, or something else. Maybe I am afraid to jump off the cliffs of comfort into the cold waters of the unknown.

I like the picture because the guy jumping off the cliff, taking the leap of faith, looks as if he is having fun. He appears unafraid of the ocean and what may confront him in his pursuit of the goal of his desire. I think part of my problem is I am afraid to get out of my comfort zone and jump into the unknown. Well, I cannot stay on this cliff of comfort forever because it is getting uncomfortable and the stone is hard to walk or sit on.

© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/792676-Desire