*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/792798-Her-Name-Was-Angela
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1955427
Stories for the rays story a week
#792798 added January 14, 2014 at 8:21am
Restrictions: None
Her Name Was Angela
The computer screen in the chat room was alive with activity. Words flowed over cyber space, like droplets in a rainstorm. The man typing on the keyboard worked fast. His fingers flew over the keys.
You say you're fourteen. His words directed to the person in the chat room who called herself Angel33. Her letters were colored a bright pink. His colors were bright red, fitting for his handle, Red dvl 30. Do you live here in the city?

Yes, we moved here from Salt Lake six months ago. I miss all my friends back there. I don't know anyone at school, and it's hard making new friends.
Why don't we move to a private room, and continue?
He made the changes, and waited. Her bright pink letters came on the screen.
Do you spend alot of time in chat rooms? She asked.
Oh, I have alot of time right now, so I do spend more time here than I do when I'm working.
It was another opportunity to score a young chick. There were so many young girls out there looking for love, romance, what ever BS somebody could spoon feed them.
For the next two hours they exchanged information. He found out she lived in White Oaks; a fancy, schmancy addition on the north side of the city. He was familiar with the area. He'd done lots of landscaping around the stately homes nestled in the hills. Her name was Angela Osborne. She went to Highland Middle school, where she was a freshman.She was an only child. Her parents both worked, sometimes vary late; leaving her alone to wander the internet.
I have to go. Mom's calling me to dinner. Bye...
He sighed and moved to another chat room.

The next afternoon he was back, waiting for her to appear. She didn't show. Maybe he'd scared her off. He went from chat room to chat room looking for another one. Sometimes they got wise, and never visited the site again. He would wait this one out. He had a feeling she would return.

Two days later she was there.
Hello, again. He typed. I thought you weren't ever coming back.
I guess I got scared when you asked me if I ever had been intimate with a boy.
Are you a pervert?
LOL, he typed. I'm just a guy who likes meeting new people. Sometimes the things we talk about get personal. I'm sorry if I made you feel uncomfortable.
Oh, that's not it. You see, I really don't understand loving somebody physically.

Why don't we meet face to face? He typed.
I don't think I should. She responded. You're a stranger. I've heard stories about meeting someone from the internet and never were seen again.
I understand. He typed. You're afraid I might be a serial killer.LOL
LOL. She typed back. Maybe we could talk on the phone.
Only if you feel comfortable.He typed.
I'll think about it. She responded. and signed off.

Three days went by, and he scoured the chat rooms, looking for her.Then, she showed up.
I thought you were gone for good this time. He typed.
Mom and Dad found out I was talking with you. They're at some benefit dinner right now. They were upset about you and me.
Parents don't understand. He typed. They only see what grownups see, not young people.
Well, I'm sick of being treated like a kid. I can make my own mind up and I have. Can you meet me?

It was exactly what he wanted to hear, but, remembered to go slowly.
I can come if you want me to.
I want you to. I have to go now, mom's calling me. We'll talk tomorrow.

The next day he sat in front of the screen watching the chat room as people came and went.
Hello, her pink letters finally appeared around three PM. I thought I'd never get home from school today.
Are you ready to meet tonight? he typed.
Yes. My parents are going to the movies. they asked if I wanted to go, and I said no.
What's your address?
2829 North Sycamore Street You'll see it when you turn off Biltmore. It's the big house on the right. If my parents are home their car will be in the drive. Just drive on and don't stop.If they're gone just drive up to the garage door. I'll be inside to open the overhead so you can drive in. Our neighbors are nosey. I think seeing a strange car in our drive might make them ask about it to mom and dad. Don't come before eight O'Clock, and turn off your lights before you pull in.
He smiled at the screen. She bought the story, and he would have another notch in his belt. This one had been easy. Easier than any of the others before.

The sun had long ago set. the streets were dark.He drove his pick-up right up to the garage door. Like she said, her parents were gone. the garage door raised up and he drove in, hardly having to wait. he shut off the engine, and opened the cab door.
" Well, Angela," he said in the dark garage." I'm here."
"Yes," A deep male voice answered." I've been waiting. You don't know how long I've been waiting. "
Startled at the sound, he started to turn to where it came from. Something hit him, and he fell to the cold concrete floor unconscious.

When he came to, he was bound and gagged, and lying in the bed of his truck. A canvas tarp covered him. He struggled to get the tarp off so he could see. He finally got the tarp off his face. he rolled over on his back and looked up at the cold night sky. The stars winked at him. A crescent moon glowed just above the side of the trucks' panel. The familiar sound of a shovel scooping earth came to him in the stillness.
" Well, Red Devil." The man said as he dropped the tailgate." I'm glad to see You're awake."
He was big, over six feet tall, and muscular. Red Devil couldn't make out his face in the darkness, until a passing cars' lights flashed across it. The eyes were deep set, and his hair was black. He reached over and took the gag out of his mouth.
" What are you doing?" He gasped.
" A little payback, Dick." He paused." It's alright to call you Dick, isn't it? Your drivers license says Richard Fleming, and gives your address as 1225 East Winslow Avenue. Is that your current address?"
" Yes," Flemming nodded.
" Do you know where your at?" The man asked.
" No," Flemming said." And I don't care. Untie me." He struggled against the bonds." Who the hell, are you?"
"Oh. you can call me, Patterson. You see, Dick, I've been looking for you for some time now."
" You're about to meet some other guys you have alot in common with." He said. " You like little girls. Well, some of them like girls, and some like boys." I'm sure you'll find alot to talk about once you get to know them."
He reached in and pulled Flemming out of the truck bed, and steadied him on his feet that were bound together at the ankles.
"There now." He said, brushing the dirt off Flemings' dress shirt that he had worn especially for meeting Angela." Did you get all dressed up just for me? I'm flattered." He chuckled. Well, let's go meet your new friends."
He put his hands under Flemmings' arms and lifted him off the ground. He carried him off the road, and into a copse of trees. there was a clearing, and Flemming could make out three mounds side by side. There was a rectangular hole by the third mound, with a hill of dirt by its' side.
" Dick," he said as he steadied him in front of the hole." This is your new home. I've made it especially for you." Patterson grabbed Flemmings' collar and pushed him forward, holding on with a vise-like grip. Flemming looked down ino the deep hole yawning before him.
" Oh God. NO!!!" Tears sprang from hie eyes, and poured down his cheeks." Please, I'm begging you. Don't put me in there."
" Funny you should say that." Patterson said." All the others said the same thing. You guys should really get along nicely."
" Why are you doing this? If I hurt your little girl I'll do anything to make up for it. Please don't kill me." His knees buckled and he fell to the ground sobbing.
" No, Dick." He said as he brought him back to his feet." You didn't do anything to anyone in my family."
" Then, why are you doing this to me?"
" If I was a relative of one of your victims, the police would find out immediately. You know, Cops aren't nearly as dumb as most people think. They'd figure it all out." He turned Flemming around to look directly in his terrified face." You want to know why? Do you remember a girl you met about a year ago, named Paula Wright? She was fourteen. Just your type, with blonde hair, blue eyes, and loved to sing soprano in the school choir."
Flemming shook his head no.
" Of course you remember, Dick." He said as he patted Flemmings' shoulder." She lived on the east side. You really messed her up. She got pregnant, and had an abortion. It was too much for her to handle and she killed herself six months after you had her."
" Her mom and dad divorced afterward. I guess they couldn't stand the thought of losing their little girl to some creep, like you, that they never knew."
He shoved Flemming into the grave. The wind was knocked out of him when he landed flat on his back. Gasping for air, he gazed up to see a shovel of dirt fly into his face. He coughed and spit dirt as another shovelfull hit his face again.
" Enjoy your stay, Dick. It was nice meeting you." Patterson said as he finished filling the hole.

Business was booming at the police station, as officers and perps came in. Captain Phillips, in charge of the detectives, called a meeting.
" What I say in this room goes no further, until we have more information." He said to the six detectives sitting on folding chairs in front of him." I think we may have a serial killer on the loose."
The room started buzzing. " Quiet!" Phillips said, and the buzzing stopped." Now, four men have vanished in the last eight months. They all lived alone, had low paying jobs, and drove old vehicles, which were found abandoned in different parts of town. The main drive discs were taken from the PCs in their homes."
" Sounds like the work of a serial killer." One detective mused.
" Are there any suspects?" Someone asked.
" No." Phillips said." This has to be kept quiet as long as possible."
" Any idea where they were abducted?" Another asked.
" No." Phillips sighed." This guy, whoever he is, is smart. The victims all have one thing in common, though."
" What's that?"
" Well, actually, two things in common. They all have records of child molestation, and they used the internet to meet their victims." Several groans came from the squad.
" Come on, Captain. You want us to track down a guy who's offing Chesters? We ought to give the guy a medal." One of the detectives said.
" Yeah, I think it'll be a rotten job to look for this perp, but, we have to move on it before the media gets wind of it." He looked the detectives over.
"I'm assigning two detectives: You, Smith, and you, Joe."
"Oh, Captain, " Joe said." Do I really have to?"
"Yes, Patterson. You'll be lead detective on this."



© Copyright 2014 parable (UN: setrepeoh at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
parable has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/792798-Her-Name-Was-Angela