*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/792890-A-typical-Snow-Day
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#792890 added October 1, 2013 at 5:42pm
Restrictions: None
A typical Snow Day
The October 1st, 2013 prompt for "Blogging Circle of Friends Prompt Forum is
Write a piece narrating a typical day for you. If you want create a fictional character and allow him/her to experience your day.

A typical snow day can be a little boring,
a bit of a snoring.

I wake up and force myself to get off the couch. I don't have a bed in this house any more and if I did I couldn't sleep on it because it would be too painful. I have not been able to sleep comfortably in a bed since 2007, which only leaves the couch or the love seat for me to sleep on. I force myself to sit up, find my glasses, find my thyroid tablet because I have to take it an hour before I eat or drink coffee.

I take my medication, check the time on the microwave or the coffee maker and hope I checking the one that isn't five minutes fast. This is my own fault because I set both of those clocks sometime in the spring. I refuse to set either one again until the time falls back or we have a brown out. I turn the coffee maker on. I check to see if I need to do laundry because I cannot take a shower or wash dishes while the washing machine is running. If I have to do laundry then I start the washer and go back into the living room to turn on one of the computers. I say my prayers and then I check to see if I have trash to take out, if I have trash I carry it to the garage before I pick up the newspaper.

Once back in the house, I pour me a cup of coffee, hoping it has been an hour since I took my medication. I go back into the living room, turn on the other computer, and log into writing.com. After that, I check the other website I need to check and then glance at one or more of my e-mail boxes. I compose a blog entry and then remember that I should dry the clothes in the washer otherwise they will sit there until the next day. I then fix me something to eat after which I do a room check (looking for dishes to wash) and then I wash the dishes hoping that I have gotten all the dirty dishes. I know this is an impossible hope because no matter how often I look for dish before washing them, I always miss one items.

That is my typical boring day. My day is a little more exciting if I have to leave the house. Before I composed this entry, I suspected my day was boring (the exception is writing.com), but now I am sure. I am not going to complain about my boring life because every time I complain about the boredom life or fate decides to prove me wrong.

Thought of the Day: "One must choose in life between boredom and suffering." - Madame de Stael

© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/792890-A-typical-Snow-Day