*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/793787-Oct-14-Plot-Points
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Thriller/Suspense · #1955384
assignments here
#793787 added October 10, 2013 at 12:45pm
Restrictions: None
Oct 14 Plot Points
foreshadow 1) she doesn't have a lot of selfconfidence- She hasn't left her job or even applied for a new one. (conversation with Talia)
2)Afraid of storms. Much like a person who always faces the ocean waves on a beach, if they have ever been caught unaware by one. Not the fear of afraid but the healthy respect that come with the knowlege of their power. Theanne will stay in a Mall in a hallway if there is a sudden storm outside. She will wait hours before driving home. Her mattress has nothing between it and the window in her apartment. She can lift it and crawl between it and the box spring or haul the double size into the bathroom to cover the two girls in case of a tornado.
3)Eddie and David plan to steal the painting foreshaow the problems by having Chase drive up, Eddie can't get a hold of Talia to set up a "meeting"
3) Quinton wants to work in the Guggenhiem Museum in NY



Theanne works as a marketing assistant for Fulton Chemical. She often works with her boss, Chase McKenzie, and has come to respect him and has a bit of a crush on him. He is always pleasant with her but is strictly professional. Never steps over the boundaries. She found out throught the gossip grapevine he had an affair with one of his staff a few years ago. She was out to get what she could from him and when he tried to break it off she took him to court and sued him for breech of promise. Chase had a good lawyer who set her up and she fell for it, her own statement countered her plea and the case was dismissed.
Embarrassed and hurt he changed. He put everyone on a shelf and only interacted with them for business. He didn't attend any of the "company family" parties. He's show up for any company pot lucks or treat day but always at a distance. Theanne repected this but felt there was something about him that wanted to reach out to people again but was afraid. When she gets in trouble she talks to Chase.
Lawyer contact Theanne, Talia goes to the office and the man asks her a bunch of questions about her family (good time to fill in back story. Then tells her they have done a genology on Uncle Duncan Stapleton
Theanne inherits an estate from an uncle she never knew existed. He was her father's great uncle, he never spoke about. When Theanne remembers her mother telling her about him, she tells her this man was against Thomas marring a "dirty Indian. He had nothing to do with them after the wedding, not even her grandparents to the day they died.
The will states his estate would go to the only blood relatives and be divided equally. Theanne was the only direct person related by blood, all his other relatives were only related by marriage. The will states if there are contestants they are to receive $1.00 and that is it. They relinquish all rights before the amount is revealed.
When the "relatives" try to cause trouble, Chase comes to her rescue a few times to drive the media from her property. He enlists a TV station to give her side of the story. An exclusive with Chase right beside her. When asked if he was he love interest he denys it and says all his employees are family and he would do the same for any of them. Employees the TV questioned said the same thing. They stood behind Theaanne and Chase.

Talia and Theanne move in. She beings at the suggestion of the Lawyer to catalog and photograph the contents. Talia loves photography and agrees to do it. She's living here too.
In a book Theann discovers in the night stand, a diary of some sort, a folded map rough drawing of her bedroom and Uncle Duncan's bedroom. There is a false wall between the hall and the closet, She discovers a room with many small objects but one very large painting. She manages to pull it out of the crate and view what it is. The light isn't too good so she leaves it in the room.


Talia mentions painting to her family, Eddie is outside and hears about the strange painting. He hears it might be worth a lot of money and its at her house. Eddie tells David.

Quinton calls Theanne to ask why she wanted to know abot the artist. Theanne puts him off. (She will later need to have it authticated.
Quinton gets a call from Tanner. He is curious about the inquiery. What made him ask about Drago Lagorio. Quinton is suspicious and says he was asked by someone doing research on obscure artists of the era. The name popped up and the person wondered if there was anything more about him than what could be found on the internet? Tanner says there A small note in both DiVinci and Angelo's diary mention a Drago Lagorio painting with some magical qualities. Both were stumped at the painting and neither knew how it could be but thought some gasses from the paint gave the viewers an odd feeling they observed themselves in the painting." Quinton asks Tanner what a painting by this person be worth if it ever showed up?
Tanner returns the call with more questions. Quinton is still evasive talking as if the painting consisted of research only.
Tanners POV- He speaks to his superior about Quinton and his desire to sell his gallery and work at the Guggenhiem. The men tell Tanner that is negociable if what he thinks is true and someone has a Drago Lagorio painting. keep on it they tell Tanner. Its worth a promotion out of reasearch.


Quinton calls Theanne with all the information he has on Drago. Everything he knows about the painting. There is a verbal discription but thats' all. Quinton makes up a description from one in a book. Theanne says the description is wrong. He counters with how does she know? There is silence and she says she thinks she's seen the painting. Quinton whispers, is it possible I could see it and authenticate it?"
Theanne says she'll let him know.

Eddie, David and a couple of guys decided to go to the house and steal it. Chase "happens" to be outside and sees the 5 guys sneaking down the street trying to keep in the dark. 3 from one end of block and 2 from the other. They try to act as if they live there. They go through the gate as it isn't locked. It squeeks but they run to side garden area to hide. Chase calls the police.
Police arrive with in a few minutes and round up the 5. Chase is there with Theann and Talia and Conlin. Eddie spills that they just wanted to see the painting. Talia isn't convinced, but to Chase's disapproval she allows the 5 guys to come in. Tell details later

Chase see painting. What is his reaction? Does the rea

Conlin tells his parents and Uncle about the painting. Parents have rejected the church upbringing and jonathan his mother's younger brother and priest is always there trying to convince them of their wrong ideas. They all like the arguing, it gets heated, but in the end Jonathan leaves no closer to saving his sister and her family (they are upper class) This time Conlin tells them about the painting and about the guys who try to steal it. He also says that Thea is trying to get information about the paintings artist. Jonathan is curious after what Conlin tells him and asks if he can see the painting- Jonathan sees and is offended he tries to buy the painting and gets upset.
Conlin has to restrain his uncle when Theanne won't sell. She fianlly tells him only he sees himself. He looks at the painting and Conlin points his own likeness out to his Uncle or is in denial, There is no likeness at all between Conlin and the figure in the painting. Conlin assures him that the figure he sees is his own likeness.
When he learns that the viewer only sees himself in the painting Jonathan is less upset. He leaves but calls the a Bishop in NY. It takes a number of days to get through to the Bishop (?) who is curious also. Jonathan doesn't tell him the caviate. Only this could be a find for the church and he should come and see it. The Bishop asks what the local Pastor thinks of it. Jonathan says Pastor Frances has been too ill to venture out to see it. The Bishop tells him to have some one there verify it then call him. Jonathan doesn't want to share so he waits 2 weeks go by and no word, finally J. tells his pastor who is dying and hasn't told anyone yet. He sees himself and colapses and dies. The media latch on that the Bishop dies a house where there are no chatholics. The chucrh spinns a story for the media and they back off.

Quinton see the news about the dead Bishop. He is fueled with anger and some sense of relief. As a young alter boy he was abused by the old priest. He wasn't the only one but the others were paid off. Quinton was a foster boy and had no one to pay off. he was threathened. He isn't sorry the old man is dead.
Theanne finds the ART & MORE Gallery on line and calls the owner asking if he know anything aobut the aristist.
Drago Lagorio. Quinton finds and obscure bit of information on the artist and contacts Theanne. He painted fresco's with Michael Angelo and must have done small paintings but none are in circulation. There is no mention of his doing but one painting. The painting disappeared but reappeared over 200 years later in Germany then disappeared. It was thought to be stolen." He asks if he can see it.



A wealthy collector called Quinton looking for information on a collectible painting. He was told by Guggenhiem there might be a painting that is unusual here. He wants to see it. Quinton is angry and tells the many there is no painting for sale. For a time but the man won't give up. He has his body guards follow Quinton. The guard reports where Quinton went and the man suspects there is something going on at this house. He sneaks up to the window during the day and see nothing. Stakes it out to see A car drive up and some priests get out and go in. He knows this is the right house and leaves to report.

jewish man waits until the following evening. He and men knock at door. Diane opens small window and tell the men Theanne isn't taking visitors this night. Man tries to bully her and she shuts the door. He won't leave and in a few minutes a cop pulls up and asks them to leave. Man has BG follow Theanne and Talia to work. He tries to contact her there. Bullys his way in and then is confronted by Chase. The whole office is wondering what's going on. After Chase threatens to call cops the man leaves. Chase realizes he has to say something. He calls a meeting in the warehouse. He tells the coworkers that some people have been harrassing Theanne an Talia because they inherited this house and some money. He asks them to keep and eye out for strangers and report anything strange to their team leaders. Theanne and Talia are greatful for not telling what it was really about.

Pastor confirms with Bishop the painting is the real deal and the Bishop make a trip to St. Paul. He views along with 2 of his other bishops only Theanne isn't selling. No matter the price or the intimidation she won't sell. The more pressure the priests,

When her house is repeadly attacked and she has become nervous at every bump and thump, Chase invites her and Talia to stay in the little apartment over his his garage. Talia elects to go to her parents. Chase checks on Theanne to find her upset. They kiss then part. Both confused about the feelings they are having.
Chase has orders security to watch her house.

Develop a romance between Chase and Theanne. Chase feels protective of her but keeps her at a distance. he is there for her but won't give into any feelings. After a particular argrument about nothing, Chase pulls her to him and kisses her. It develops until Chase fears its going to get out of hand. He turns in a huff and Theanne is confused and angry. Tells him never do that again or she will have him arrested for abuse. At that Chase turns and a deep growling anger wells up. He can hardly control his anger and turns to the door again but tell her to stay away from him unless its business.

Front that time on, they barely talk. do most through emails. Everyone in the office can tell something is up but have no idea its between the two of them. Talia keeps her mouth shut to her coworkers but tells Theanne that pretty soon someone is going to figure out the problem is between Chase and Theanne not just Chase. Then Theanne is crabby too. Theanne is embarrassed and tries her best to be her old self on the job, just arranging time with Chase to be done by someone else. Pretty soon she is found out. The office wonders why she is avoiding him.


David finds Theanne and questions her about the painting and if there is a chance of change. Is he predestined to be in a Gang? Theanne doesn't know what to do so calls her old pastor who puts her in touch with a local pastor that works with gangs. He arrives
Eddie has followed David and wonders why he's meeting Theanne and then sees a man enter the apt. Is he selling out the gang? making a deal without them? He leaves and confronts the others about what he suspects.

(Chase arrives home after a meeting to see a strange car parked behind Theanne's car. He sees a man walking by the apt window. Is Theanne setting him up like before? He was a sucker then and he promised he's never do it again. He sees the man bending by the curtained window he sees, Theanne on the couch near him. Angry he goes back to his car and leaves in a squeal of tires.)
Theanne looks up at the sound but then back at the two men kneeling on the floor. One in tears the other praying to God on behalf of the young man. What she witnesses is a miracle. The transformation of David. There is a physical difference in him. She is intrigued and when David leaves a changed man, happy and free she questions the minister.

David drives around for a few hours until he is more composed then at almost midnight he goes to the gangs hang out. He is confronted by Eddie and the others. There is a division, David backs off and tell all what happened. They are confused, don't want to go to church, if David isn't going to be their leader Eddie will.
David argues with Eddie about changing his own ways and influencing the others to make something of their lives. Eddie sees this as a threat to his authority and he pulls a knife to fight David. When David won't fight he presses the knife against David. David tries to reason with him that fighting and killing isn't where its at. Eddie backs up still a little confused why this former aggressive leader is now a whimp. He pushes David who trips and falls against a piece of metal sticking out of a waste barrel. Eddie is appalled at what happened, rushed to David's side. David barely alive forgives Eddie but asks him to at least contact Theanne's friend and talk to him. Eddie nodds as he has no choice. As David takes his last breath he tells Eddie the painting can change It does change then he dies.

Some one tries to burn Theannes house down. Her mother has arrived for a visit and has a key. The security guard contacts Theanne who leaves to meet her mother and bring her to the safe house. When Theanne gets there, the fire traps the two in the hallway. sprinklers douse them and the fire, it seems it was started in the parlor where the Painting was displayed. Conlin, Talia and Theanne took it to her bedroom. When they left, Theanne opened the secret room and slid it inside. The fire was contained in the parlor.
Quinton arrives, Jonathan arrives, Chase comes but stops when he sees all that are there. The man he saw and the car were not there. He is cool and concerned, stays a distance from Thea.
Theanne is upset and she suspects the guard has been paid off. She decides to stay at the house with her mother and not return to Chase's apartment.



© Copyright 2013 Quick-Quill (UN: thekindred at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Quick-Quill has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/793787-Oct-14-Plot-Points