*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/793789-Do-I-Make-It-Happen-Let-It-Happen-or-Wonder-What-Happened
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#793789 added October 8, 2013 at 7:37pm
Restrictions: None
Do I Make It Happen, Let It Happen, or Wonder What Happened
The October 8, 2013 prompt for "Blogging Circle of Friends Prompt Forum is
Some make it happen, some let it happen, some wonder what happened. Who are you?

Some make it happen, some let it happen, some wonder what happened. Who are you? That statement suggests that we, as human beings, have control over what happens to us and the world around us. After 66 years, I have come to the conclusion that we do not have complete control over the events in our lives or in the world we inhabit. We, as individual human beings, do have some control over the things that happen, but it is very little control and it is only in specific situations. Most of the time events are not in or under our control, at those times the only thing we can control is our emotions and our reactions to the events.

As individuals, we can stand up for ourselves and others when the situation is unjust. We can state our desires and needs, while making an attempt to fulfill and accomplish them within the limits of our abilities. We cannot always make anything happen no matter how hard we try or how much we want something to occur. We can join with others who are aligned with our desires or needs and assist them while we are attempting to accomplish our own ends. As human beings, we have to work together to get anything worthwhile accomplished.

When it come to making something happen, the most important component is cooperation and not individual desire. Humans area social species, so it is important for us to work together to accomplish anything. If the individual attempts making something happen, without the help of other people, he or she is doomed to failure. After that tirade, my answer to the question is that I am an one of those people who assist other people in making it happen.

Thought of the Day:
No Man Is An Island1


No man is an island,
Entire of itself,
Every man is a piece of the continent,
A part of the main.
If a clod be washed away by the sea,
Europe is the less.
As well as if a promontory were.
As well as if a manor of thy friend's
Or of thine own were:
Any man's death diminishes me,
Because I am involved in mankind,
And therefore never send to know for whom the bell tolls;
It tolls for thee.
John Donne

Footnotes
1  http://www.poemhunter.com/poem/no-man-is-an-island/


© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/793789-Do-I-Make-It-Happen-Let-It-Happen-or-Wonder-What-Happened