*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/795060-To-Read-or-Not-To-Read-That-is-the-Question
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1649240
Gratitude breaks the spell of Writers Block
#795060 added October 19, 2013 at 7:23pm
Restrictions: None
To Read or Not To Read That is the Question
In October and November, I am reading One Day Mu Soul Just Opened Up by Iyanla Vanzant. I am participating in the "October Novel Prep Challenge and the unofficial "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS. In addition, I am making periodic entries in "Snow Melt and two offsite blogs, while getting ready to move around November 25. I found, Women Who Run With the Wolves: Myths and Stories of the Wild Woman Archetype by Clarissa Pinkola Estes, Ph.D., another book that I started to read, but did not finish for some reason. Probably because I put it in a trunk with several of my journals and forgot where I put it.

I am sure I started to read this book around 2007 or 2008 that was about the time Mom begin going in and out of the hospital. I also think that was about the time when my life started to fall into chaos (I did not realize that at the time). Since I found the book, I have to decided whether I want to finish it or not. The title of the book is intriguing, which was probably why I got the book or the book was given to me in the first place. I would like to finish the book, which means I have to start it over again because I cannot remember where I left off.

I looked through the book and found three different places that have bookmarks, but the only part of the book I remember reading is the introduction Singing Over the Bones. The other bookmarks (notes with address that are not in my handwriting) must have been put there by someone else. The problem is that I do not remember who gave me the book or precisely when I received it. I suspect someone (probably a woman) is waiting somewhere in Las Vegas for me to return a book and I cannot remember the person's name or when I received the book. Since I do not know who the return the book to, I may as well finish it, but I will have to wait until after NaNoWriMo because I have my hands full with everything I have to accomplish by November 25 and November 30.

I think for now, I will put this book in one of my desk drawers. I am taking all three computer desks with me to the new place, so the book should be safe in the drawer until I can get to it in December. I hope to be settled into my new place in December and then I can relax for a little bet and set aside a specific time to read this book. In the meantime, I am placing the book in the bottom drawer on the left side of the heavy wooden desk I use for my new computer.

Food for Thought: "Wildlife and the Wild Woman are both endangered species." - Clarissa Pinkola Estes, Ph.D.

© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/795060-To-Read-or-Not-To-Read-That-is-the-Question