*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/795123-Celebrating-the-Birth-of-the-Bab
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#795123 added October 20, 2013 at 11:14am
Restrictions: None
Celebrating the Birth of the Bab
Last night, I celebrated the Birth of the Bab at the Baha'i Center in Las Vegas, Nevada. On October 20, 1819, the Bab was born in Shiraz, Persia to Siyyid Muhammad-Ridá (a merchant) and, his wife, Fátimih-Bagum; Siyyid 'Alí-Muhammad was the Bab's given name.1 The Bab is a title meaning the Gate.2 Every year Baha'is all over the world celebrate the Birth of the Bab beginning at sunset on the evening of October 19 and ending at sunset on October 20.

The Baha'is in the Las Vegas area celebrated the Bab's birth with scripture readings, music, prayers, and food. I enjoyed myself and I saw friends I have not seen in several years. One of the hosts of the celebration sent me home with cookies and vegetables. I ate cookies for breakfast this morning, I know I should eat other things for breakfast besides cookies; however, since I live alone and do not have to be a good example for anyone except myself I had chocolate chip and raisin-oatmeal cookies for breakfast. I will eat some of the veggies with my lunch today; I like veggies better for lunch then breakfast anyway.


When Mom was alive and able to get out of the house at night, we attended the celebration of the Birth of the Bab together. I missed Mama last night, but I did not cry then. This morning is different, this morning I want to cry because Mom was not with me last night to celebrate this Holy Day. I know she is in paradise celebrating this day with the Bab himself; however, I still missed Mom last night and wished she could have been there with me.

Footnotes
1  http://www.planetbahai.org/cgi-bin/articles.pl?article=16
2  http://www.bahai.org/dir/thebab


© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/795123-Celebrating-the-Birth-of-the-Bab