*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/795312-Day-5
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Book · Contest · #1959431
All the contest entries in one place! Maybe they won't be so late now, haha.
#795312 added October 22, 2013 at 8:33am
Restrictions: None
Day 5

Meet the Deliverer





Like a shadow, Samantha flitted from tree to tree. She ran across the treetops, like a monkey, twisting and leaping in utter abandon to reach her goal. She held the secret of her people, and she had to escape the slaughter and get help from the mountains.

Luckily, the moon was with her tonight, and its soft light showed her the way. She reached the edge of the woods and halted. There was no cover for her after this. Nowhere to hide. She held back, slightly scared of the thought of leaving her childhood home forever. But she had no choice. She summersaulted to the ground, landing lightly on her feet.

She knew the Destroyers were not far behind her. Samantha knew what they desperately wanted. The one power that gave the Elvin people life. She held back her grief as she ran, using it to fuel her tired legs. The outcome of her people depended on her. Even so, only merciless bastards would attack during a Hallows Eve festival. She could still feel the dripping of the ceremonial paint still on her face.

Samantha’s fear spiked when she heard the numerous foot falls behind her. She dared not look back, and she pushed herself harder, picking up her pace to breakneck speed.

She watched in slow motion as she tripped over a rock in the flat meadow ground. She saw with crystal clarity every blade of grass as it reached up to greet her. She scraped against the ground, slowly coming to a painful stop.She felt a shadow fall over her face.

“Lookee here, the last Elf alive.” A clawed hand gripped Samantha’s shoulder, dragging her to her feet. The giant werewolf bark-laughed to his comrades.

“How perfect,” his disgusting hot breath on her face, “That your celebration coincided with our lunar transformation.” His ugly scarred snout rising to the moon as he howled his appreciation.

His head snapped back down. “Give us the necklace girl.” He raised his other hand to Samantha’s face, tracing a dagger sharp nail across her cheek. “Or I’ll make your pretty little face even prettier. Like mine.” The werewolf turned, showcasing his scar.

Samantha stood tall, not letting the beast’s comments get to her. She slowly reached in her pocket, taking a deep breath. What she was about to do would cost Samantha her life as she knew it.

“As last surviving elf of Sleepy Hollow’s forest, I pronounce myself Queen. Murders of my people, flee, for I am not forgiving.” She crushed the necklace in her pocket, closing her eyes as she felt the rush of power. She felt the scared growls of the werewolves.

Her head was forced back as the power burst through her eyes. Samantha let herself go, letting the Power take her place.

“Revenge my people,” Samantha whispered to the Power.

Her head came back down, no longer Samantha. Her head turned, staring into the murderous werewolves eyes. A voice with a thousand whispers spoke.

“Meet your deliverer, pup.”
© Copyright 2013 TheQuillDragon (UN: thequilldragon at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
TheQuillDragon has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/795312-Day-5