*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/795314-Day-7
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Book · Contest · #1959431
All the contest entries in one place! Maybe they won't be so late now, haha.
#795314 added October 22, 2013 at 8:39am
Restrictions: None
Day 7
And She Must Play



“This is not where I expected to end up when our party ended.” The ghostly conductor patted down her shadowy remains, making sure nothing had been misplaced.

“Yes,” replied her sister as she appeared before her, “I don’t think anyone saw this coming.”

The third sister came into view. “Whew, made it! I thought they were sending me to Heaven, but I guess it was Hell with you two here.” She teased.

“Minita, good to see you in one piece.” The ghostly conductor laughed. “Now what are we going to do about the murdering thing?”

Minita only shook her head. “What can we do Shila? We are dead now, what do ghosts do?”

“Take revenge of course. They killed us on our debut, why not go back and finish the night? No one can say be weren’t memorable. Oh, Becka, don’t cry!” Shila turned to her crying sister, and laid a ghostly appendage over her.

“Why us?” Becka cried. “We were nice to everyone we met!”

“The world isn’t fair Becka; we can only do the best given us.” Minita said, coming to comfort her sister as well.

“Yes Becka, you know we will always be there for you, in life or in death? If we must stay like this forever, then I wouldn’t want to spend it with anyone else. Now come on, we can grieve later, let’s go kick some butt.” Shila encouraged.

The three sisters rose and closed their eyes, concentrating on their destination. They seemed to shimmer in the air before disappearing all together. In a blink of an eye, they reappeared in the Great City Music Hall, where the party was still in full swing.

Minita looked up at the clock, it was five till twelve. She nudged her sister, whispering, “It is almost time for us to go onstage.”
The trio flew to the back, where they had been waiting before they had been killed. They quickly found their bodies, hastily thrown under a stage curtain.

Shina couldn’t believe the utter disrespect to their bodies. She burned to know the killer’s name. But their time was close, so she motioned to her sisters to take up their positions. Two violins appeared out of nothing for her sisters, and for her a conductors stick.

The clock struck twelve, and they floated out onto the stage. The crowd was silent, waiting for them to begin. She raised her hand, and quickly brought it down, signaling her sisters to begin. The horrifyingly sad music brought the crowd to its knees, and the sisters sang a soft tune. Green mist covered the floor, masking its audience in its glow. It twisted and twirled around each member, comforting their sorrow. The two sisters worked their violins to an impossible tempo, voices reaching higher and higher, only to abruptly stop.

“Thank you.” Shina whispered, and they all disappeared.

Hours later, when they found their bodies, they would discover that the sisters were long dead before they ever gave the performance
© Copyright 2013 TheQuillDragon (UN: thequilldragon at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
TheQuillDragon has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/795314-Day-7