*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/795315-Day-8
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Book · Contest · #1959431
All the contest entries in one place! Maybe they won't be so late now, haha.
#795315 added October 22, 2013 at 8:43am
Restrictions: None
Day 8
My Fairy God Mother



The Costume Ball was tonight. And he didn’t have a costume. Truthfully, he had been hoping that it would cancel, or he would have the chance to back out. No such luck. He wanted to crawl back into bed and forget the whole thing, but his friends insisted he go instead of sulking.

David looked into his empty closet. He wished he had something good, something to wow everyone. He was down to the possibility of making himself a mummy with toilet paper.

“Where is my fairy god mother when I need one?” he mocked himself.
His grungy dorm room exploded in color. Sparks danced as confetti was flung everywhere. David dove under the bed.
A small squeaky voice shrilled through the room.

"See a person is reflected in costume,

A disguised person knows no bound,

You have masks and beautiful gowns of every color,

You could be a ghoul or a pirate, a nurse,

A fox or a princess!

By dressing the most peculiar manner,

You can be what you never could be!”

The voice ended the song, dragging it out to the last possible second.

“My, my, what is this?” The voice drifted down to the cowering David, who was still under the bed. The voice was connected to a small face, connected to a small body, which was waving around a very small wand. She was adorable overall, and resembled a pixie without wings. Her large eyes got even larger when she realized the manner of creature under the bed.

“Oh my! A man! I’ve never had a man before!”

David slowly stood. “Um, my pleasure. Who are you?”

“I’m your Fairy God Mother! Here to get you ready for the ball!” the Fairy eagerly explained. “I’ll find you the best costume, and tonight you will find true love!”

“Ok.” David said awkwardly.

*POOF*
“What is this?” David yelled. He was proudly displayed in a pink leotard and tutu. ”No!”

*POP* David now was in a masquerade dress.

“Now before you say anything,” The pixie advised, “wait until you have the mask.”

“Not happening!” Too late though, and now David had on the Mask on as well.

*PIP* David found himself in a highway man’s costume. His eyes were covered with a strip of cloth, with holes allowing him to see. He had guns holstered to his waist. His hat sat low, giving him the look of mystery. His only problem, it was pink.

“I love this, but the color, can you change it?” he begged.

“No, pink is the only color I can do. Good luck!” She waved her wand and David found himself in the ball room.

It was very crowded. He made a beeline for the door, bumping into everyone and hoping no one recognized him. He ran smack-dab into someone. He turned.

“I’m so sorry.” His words fell. Before him was the most beautiful woman he had ever seen.

The stranger smiled. “No problem, nice costume handsome.”

Maybe David would stay after all.

© Copyright 2013 TheQuillDragon (UN: thequilldragon at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
TheQuillDragon has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/795315-Day-8