*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/795367-Oct-29--The-painting
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Thriller/Suspense · #1955384
assignments here
#795367 added October 22, 2013 at 12:30pm
Restrictions: None
Oct 29- The painting
The painting is very large about 3'x5' and framed it's 4'x6' frame is gilded in real gold that makes the whole picture very heavy. The oil is old and the strokes are finite. Not like the type of work done by the masters of the day. This is very detailed. So much so that every detail is in relief and looks alive.
The painting itself is of the Via Delorosa. At first look the POV is from the side looking down the the street that rises from the city to the to Golgotha. The street is narrow and lined with people. You can see some shops and people in the doorways and in windows on the second floors. The POV is standing in a cross street. More people line this street also. In the middle of the picture is Christ carrying his cross. This is no pretty picture. The crown of thorns is pressed into his head and blood drips from cuts onto his blood striped back and arms. He wears a loincloth with a piece of purple wrapped at his waist and over the shoulder the cross is resting on, all are soaked in blood. His form is as if he has just lost his footing and is begining to fall. When the viewer looks at this for the first time there is sometimes a need to reach out to help before he falls. (depending on the person)
There are soldiers clearing the crowd to make a way for him to continue. Beyond the crowd the top of one cross already standing with someone on it. A second cross is in the process of being raised you can see part of the body. Below Christ you see a soldier has grabbed a young, strong man from the crowd. He is reaching for the cross as it seems to fall. The soldier pushed him to toward Christ and the cross.
Down the road that filled in with people were Christians, followers of Christ and some that may have been healed by him. The mixture of emotions is reflected on each face, the hatred and the fearful stand next to those who seem excited to go to a crucifixion and those in sorrow.
© Copyright 2013 Quick-Quill (UN: thekindred at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Quick-Quill has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/795367-Oct-29--The-painting