*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/796272-The-glistening-marble-of-immortality
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#796272 added October 30, 2013 at 11:14pm
Restrictions: None
The glistening marble of immortality
The October 30, 2013 prompt for "Blogging Circle of Friends Prompt Forum is
Your personal sculptor is carving a person, thing, or event from the last month of your life into the glistening marble of immortality.
Whats the statue and what makes it so significant?

The statue is a monarch butterfly emerging from its cocoon. The cocoon represents the earthly or material plain where my soul received it education and developed the spiritual attributes that will give it shape and cloth it in the spiritual realm. The monarch butterfly represents my soul finally breaking free from matter and ascending into the the world of God.

My soul is a Lepidoptera
hidden in the chrysalis of matter.

I am still working on this concept and attempting to create a poem. I have contemplated this idea off and on for several years. I have attempted to write poems about it. I am not happy with any of the poems, so I put the idea on the shelf for a while and work on something else. I always come back to the idea that the human soul is an unknown species of Lepidoptera. Perhaps I should attempt to use it in a story rather then writing a poem. Maybe I could express it better in a short story or novel.




© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/796272-The-glistening-marble-of-immortality