*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/796357
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #964073
Just because someone can't be seen, doesn't mean they're unimportant.
#796357 added October 31, 2013 at 9:27pm
Restrictions: None
Stressed
"I have so much on plate. I don't know how I'm going to deal with it all. I want so many things, and it seems I'm going to have to circumnavigate the globe to get them all."

She chuckles at the woman.What you want to do is eat a whole meal in one bite. Focus on what is most important to you, and work from there.

"But that's just it. Everything is important to me. Getting a new job, a new car, being close to my girlfriend, getting out of this state, and finishing my book are all important to me."

Some more than others. You've barely written this year, so I'm sure that's at the bottom of your list at the present. You'll have to be patient for a new job and vehicle. May I suggest more education? I'm sure you won't be commuting to see your love for too much longer. She is more resourceful than you think. As for getting out of the state, I'm sure with more money comes greater flexibility.

"You seem unworried by current situation."

And you seem worried no matter what situation you land yourself in. Even your girlfriend worries you.

"She worries me because she changes her mind a lot."

Liar.

"Fine. She frustrates me because she changes her mind a lot. She worries me because of her health, and the fact that she may not really want me."

She gave you very precious charm bracelet. She buys you things. She drives long distances to see you. She shows affection to you in public and in private. You've met her family. What more do you need?

"I just don't completely trust her. Not really. I mean there's so much to me, and I've only shared half of it. I've opened the door a little to show her more of me, and she just changes the subject. I don't know if she's uncomfortable with certain emotions, or if she doesn't know what to say, but I talk so little about things that are really important to me as it is. If she can't handle the heavy stuff, how is our relationship going to last?"

It's obvious she cares about you a lot. Could it be that you're finding excuses to run away from someone finally giving you affection?

"I love her. You know that. That being said, it would be foolish of me to ignore my own needs in this relationship. Sometimes I need to express my feelings to her and not get a poker face and a change of subject. I don't like the fact that she feels she can tell me anything(or so she says), and I don't feel comfortable telling her everything about me because I don't think she can handle it."

Everyone has secrets. You have some of your own, just like she does. She just feels less guilty about keeping them from you. You chose a woman who is both intelligent and ignorantly empathic. If there was something about you she did not want, she would have known it, subconsciencely or consciencly, and the relationship would have been over before now.

"If I start my work, I just want to make sure she won't try to stop me, or hold me back."

She may very well do that. You know all too well that your hardest opposition has often come from inside your own home. You make the impossible possible, but it takes a long time for those closest to see that. Often they try to get in your way to protect you or protect themselves.

"I just wish I could really be myself. I'm an adult, and it still feels like I'm hiding. I feel like I have to protect myself from her."

You don't have to worry about that. I like this one.
© Copyright 2013 EyeSingOnTheCake (UN: mayasclaw at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
EyeSingOnTheCake has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/796357