*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
4
6
8
9
11
12
13
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/796430-Conversation-With-A-Spirit
Rated: ASR · Book · Personal · #1935750
Entries for various Blog Challenges.I will be expressing my hopes,dreams and fantasies.
#796430 added November 1, 2013 at 2:01pm
Restrictions: None
Conversation With A Spirit
Prompt: A conversation involving a spirit.

I went to get ice for the residents and Harold, the ghost pushed the door against my leg.

"Nice, Harold. I am tired and it is 4:00 AM. I just want to get my pills past and then I can go home."

"Megan, you have known me a long time. I like when I do things to let you know I am here."

"You finally talk to someone. I saw you take the form of one of our residents, appear in a mist starring out the window, making papers fly out of a clip board and chairs move in the dining room. I am Megan." I bow to the spirit and he shows himself.

A elderly man wearing fancy1900's clothes that looked like he stepped off the "Titanic" appeared in human form.

"Were you on the "Titanic?" I laughed.

"No. My wife Katherine and I went on a cruise once and I wore this suit. She buried me in it."

"I know you didn't die at sea. Over the years, you have turned on lights, played with the ash trays, made noises upstairs and threw things in the basement. You made bright lights appear outside, turned off lights, left the coffee pot plugged in, set off alarms, made paint cans spin, chased maintenance men in the basement, made the pipes leak, let in bats, knocked papers and magazines down just to mention a few things. How do you plead?"

Harold bowed. "Megan, me Darling. I am just having fun. I have never hurt anyone. People who are afraid of me, well I don't bother them again. I get bored in the after life. I like to have fun."

"Alright. Don't mess with the coffee pot. The kitchen blames the Nursing staff. Don't scare the maintenance men or set off alarms. The Fire Department has to come out and I don't want them blaming staff. Don't make the pipes leak. Agreed?"

"Agreed. I will visit you and still have some harmless fun. I won't get the Nursing staff in trouble. I will watch over you, the residents and the staff. May I have a dance?"

Music starts playing like you hear on "Downtown Abbey" and I dance with our resident ghost. He isn't so bad. I have always been fond of Harold. I have a friend in Harold.

I work at an old county house building that is 121 years old. It is now a mental health facility. I work the midnight shift. We have a ghost named Harold. I have never danced with him and he has never talked to me but he did look at me from the window upstairs once and looked like one of our residents as he was sitting outside{the resident he looked like was in bed!} and he has scared maintenance men. We all love Harold. He has never hurt anyone. I am not afraid of him. After 26 years of working in the same building, Harold is an old friend. If he quit playing tricks on us, I would miss him.

** Image ID #1943267 Unavailable **

© Copyright 2013 Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/796430-Conversation-With-A-Spirit