*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/796691
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #964073
Just because someone can't be seen, doesn't mean they're unimportant.
#796691 added November 3, 2013 at 8:55am
Restrictions: None
Gone
"I hate losing people."

Who doesn't? Everyone loses, and everyone dies. If everyone lived forever-

"I know that already. But cold facts aren't warming my heart right now."

I'm sorry. I know your relationship was complicated.

"But she was still my cousin. And she was good to me even though she didn't have to me. She could've gone left on me at any time, taken advantage of me, but she didn't."

You'll send the money.

"Of course. Without putting her on a pedestal, she's one of the few people I know who has never harmed me. That is a precious rare thing." She shakes her head, feeling insufficient. "I wish I could do more. I wish I could be there."

The money will be of more you than your presence, and you know it. Take solace in the fact that your best is the only thing required. The money you'll send to help bury your cousin, is your best, and I won't hear of you knocking yourself down about it. Alright?

"Alright."



© Copyright 2013 EyeSingOnTheCake (UN: mayasclaw at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
EyeSingOnTheCake has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/796691