*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/796987-War-Chest-Wednesday-Do-I-Believe-in-the-Paranormal
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#796987 added November 6, 2013 at 11:43am
Restrictions: None
War Chest Wednesday: Do I Believe in the Paranormal?
It's War Chest Wednesday! The November 6, 2013 prompt for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS is
Have you ever had a paranormal experience? Tell us about it. If not, do you believe in the paranormal? Why or why not?

The Merriam-Webster dictionary defines paranormal as something that is "very strange and not able to be explained by what scientists know about nature and the world".1 Do I believe in the paranormal? Given the proceeding definition of paranormal, my answer is yes. I believe that there are phenomena on this planet and in the universe that science cannot, at present, explain, therefore, I believe in the paranormal.

Have I ever experienced the paranormal? Yes, I have experienced these phenomena several times in my life. As a child, I saw an Unidentified Fly Object that could not have been a normal airplane because of the way it flew. When I moved to Las Vegas, I lived in half of a duplex that was haunted by a shadow figure who stood in the hall and watched the dining-living room. From that door he (I got the distinct feeling it was male) could see everything going on in that part of the house. Since about 2005 or 2006, I have experienced "something" ringing my doorbell every 29 or 30 days between 11:30 pm and 12:30 am. When I go to the door there is no one at the door and I cannot see anyone in the front yard when I look out the living room window. As far as I can tell or feel, whoever or whatever is ringing the doorbell is harmless, but I am not going to go outside in the middle of the night to find out.

Thought of the Day: "But I do believe in the paranormal, that there are things our brains just can't understand." - Art Bell

Footnotes
1  http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/paranormal


© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/796987-War-Chest-Wednesday-Do-I-Believe-in-the-Paranormal