*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/797054-DAY-24
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Book · Contest · #1959431
All the contest entries in one place! Maybe they won't be so late now, haha.
#797054 added November 6, 2013 at 4:17pm
Restrictions: None
DAY 24
To Be Strong





“For as long as I live will l hate you!” The beast roared at her, fighting against the silver chains. Darwa sneered, as she motioned the guards to drag the beast away.

“That won’t be long despite your long life span if you don’t cooperate” she spat. She turned and marched off, ignoring the enraged howls of the Were. She walked past the trodden worn path to her tent. As commander she got the driest spot, but that didn’t mean much in this forsaken place. She swatted the fabric aside and took in her space. At least they had pitched her tent right this time. She sat heavily on her bed, and rested her forehead against her hand.

The new Weres always saw themselves as tortured victims, screaming against the injustice that circumstances had put themselves in. And when they got too rowdy, Darwa was sent in to clean up the mess. Like it was Darwa’s fault that girl had gotten bitten. Because that girl, -Were now, couldn’t obey the curfew put in place for her own protection! Darwa slammed her unoccupied fist against her thigh.

They never thought of the flip side, how it felt for the capturer. Darwa couldn’t help that she was good at her job. And she only executed the rowdy out-of-control Werewolves .The ones she couldn’t save. But they all saw her as Conqueror of their Nation, someone to hate. It was fine for them to see her like this, she didn’t mind. In fact she encouraged it- it gave most of the Weres purpose when they would otherwise die.

She just hoped that the girl would be strong enough to control herself and not dip into madness. She knew a fraction of those who turned simply couldn’t handle it. But she knew of hundreds more who handled themselves with grace and beauty. Werewolves were like people, they could choose to be good, or they could choose to be evil.

But because of her position, Darwa felt severely isolated. Being friends with anyone could mean danger for them, and Darwa had powerful enemies. So she got close to no one- for their own protection. Darwa lifted her head. She couldn’t hear the howls of the Were anymore, she must of settled down.

Darwa stood. It’s not like she needed anyone anyway. She was strong. She quickly checked her armor for any damage and strode out. The sun was dipping low against the trees. Darkness would be upon them soon. She spotted her first in command.

“Ho, Demir! Prepare the men! The sun falls in not an hour! I want Archers on the east and west flank. They will come through the pass. Bring Kara to me, I need her counsel.” She briskly ordered. Demir went about her orders at a brisk run.

Darwa tested her blade and was happy to find it sharp. She raised her eyes to the setting sun and her face hardened. The Weres would have extra power. Full moon tonight.

499 words.
Enjoy,
TheQuillDragon
© Copyright 2013 TheQuillDragon (UN: thequilldragon at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
TheQuillDragon has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/797054-DAY-24