*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/797057-Day-28
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Book · Contest · #1959431
All the contest entries in one place! Maybe they won't be so late now, haha.
#797057 added November 6, 2013 at 4:22pm
Restrictions: None
Day 28

You All Right Grandma?!!

Every year at this time grandma starts to act a little strange. When the first day of October hits, small things start happening.


Food gets left out in strange places, no matter how closely I watch. Salt lines the window ledge, though there is no salt stocked in the house.

Those small things are strange, but not concerning. If that was all I would never whisper a thing of complaint, for surely all grandmothers have their quirks.

But the closer we crawl to Halloween, the curiouser things get.when I first came to live with my grandmother, she had a large array of crosses hung in every room. Yet as the 31st grew nearer the crosses began to disappear.

One by one they would go.

I asked her once where they had gone , and she told me to watch what I said, for the "eyes" were watching.


I am beginning to see why my mother didn't visit her much, she is getting much to strange for me.


When the morning of Halloween came I almost didn't want to go downstairs. But maybe it was all a big joke and she would laugh at me this morning. So I went.

I wish I didn't.

I found her in the kitchen, a pair of scissors in her hand. She slowly turned towards me and shrieked. Iran to her side thinking she had finnaly lost it and hurt herself.

She pulled away from me and screeched at me to get out of her house, calling me stranger and demon.

I led her to bed, her cussing words my grandmother would of boxed my ears for. I laid her on the bed, and tried to wrestle those scissors out of her hand. She wouldn't have it. I don't know where and old lady like her got that kind of strength, but she grabbed my braid quicker than a whip and sawed through my hair.

I fought hard as I could without hurting her, but she didn't let up till it was cut all through. Then she dropped both my shorn hair and the scissors and went right off to sleep!

I locked her in her room that day. Didn't let her out till the next morning. So shocked she was, seeing me. Like the past month never happened!

I stayed far away from her for a while, to her dismay. I just don't know what could of possessed her to do such a thing and then forget about it. To much for the like of my mind.
© Copyright 2013 TheQuillDragon (UN: thequilldragon at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
TheQuillDragon has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/797057-Day-28