*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/797059-Day-31
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Book · Contest · #1959431
All the contest entries in one place! Maybe they won't be so late now, haha.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#797059 added November 6, 2013 at 4:24pm
Restrictions: None
Day 31

"Will you marry me?"

Sandra had choked up on the words, kneeling in front of the woman she wanted to spend her life with, practically spitting the words out in fear and excitement. She waited, hanging on to the suspensful silence- actually wondering if she was going to be turned down.

The worry was for naught, for the blubbering reply reached her ear.

"Yes, of course I will." the hoarse whisper reached out to her.

Sandra leaped up and hugged her newly engaged. It was exactly she imagined it to be. She couldn't help the tears that squeezed out of the corner of her eyes. She felt like a freshly shaken bottle of pop, ready to explode out of the bottle. She never thought she would find love, but here it was, encircled in her arms.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
But that all faded before her as she took on the sight before her now. Sandra stood at the altar, dressed in wedding day finery. Her dress poffed in the classic ballrom gown, giving her the glowing cinderella look. The oddity of it, it was red. Deep red, expertly ripped to show some skin. Her makeup resembled a crying bride, with mascara running down her face and badly applied lipstick, her lopsided tiarra adding to the effect.

Her eyes beheld the woman walking towards her. It is said that a bride should be the prettiest thing around on her wedding day, but Sandra could not deny that her engaged was a sight far prettier on this day then she could ever be. She was led down the aisle, in the hand of her father, glowing like only a zombie bride could. Her dress was slim all the way to her calves, where it poofed out ion a mermaid fashion. The sea green color of the dress didn't do her justice. Her hair was pinned into a bun, strands trailing delicately down her face.

Sandra reached out a hand and helped her bride onto the dasis, whispering happily, "I have never been more attracted to a zombie in my entire life."

Her engaged smiled back at her, eyes shining with a sparkle that made Sandra want kiss her right then.

Sandra quickly cast a glance around the church before the minister began to speak. All their friends and family were here, wearing the Halloween costumes they would use later to trick or treat. Scary, frigtening, and funny costumes greeted her wherever she looked.

It couldn't be any better than this. she thought gleefully.

The ceromony passed quickly and the time came upon them to say the truly important words.

"Do you Sandra, take Emily to be your wife?"

"I do."

"And do you Emily, take Sandra as your Wife?"

"I do."

"Then I pronounce you married, you may kiss the bride!" the priest guestured.

Sandra, despite the dress, dipped Emily low and planted a kiss firmly on her lips.

All the guests shrieked their approval and pelted them with candy as the ran out of the church.


Safely in the car and on the way to the reception, Emily turned to Sandra.

"Happy Halloween baby. I love you."
© Copyright 2013 TheQuillDragon (UN: thequilldragon at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
TheQuillDragon has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/797059-Day-31