*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/797131-Opinion-Thursday-Vigilance-is-Necessary
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#797131 added November 7, 2013 at 2:19pm
Restrictions: None
Opinion Thursday: Vigilance is Necessary
It's Opinion Thursday! The November 7, 2013 prompt for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS is
How do you think we should protect young persons from seeing/learning the evils of life? Is it even something we should do? Is it even possible?

Vigilance is necessary when attempting to protect young people from the evils of life, but I believe it's impossible to completely protect them from learning about or witnessing the evil caused by the actions of human being. I don't think it's a good idea to deliberately let them witness these evils, but neither do I think you can protect them completely from learning about those evils or witnessing them.

Parents need to keep the lines of communication open because otherwise a parent isn't going to know what the child believes about the evil acts the see or hear about. Without communication, a parent may not even know if the child knows about an evil action of another person. Face to face dialogue is the key to communication because no matter how much a parent text a child during the day, some things can't be expressed in 140 characters. If the parent's job takes him or her away from home, then technology can be used to keep face to face (or rather camera to camera) dialogue going because the expression on a person face conveys messages that young people often don't know how to or want to convey in words.

Parents have to remember that they are preparing their children for a future unlike anything humanity has experienced in the past or the present. In order for today's young people to thrive and prosper in that would they need to learn to communicate and see evil as the results of the actions of human beings. There will never be an end to evil because without evil we, as human beings, could not determine what is good. A parent's job is to prepare the child for the future and keep the lines of communications open.

Thought of the Day: "We may not be able to prepare the future for our children, but we can at least prepare our children for the future." - President Franklin D. Roosevelt

© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/797131-Opinion-Thursday-Vigilance-is-Necessary