*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/797199-Funny-Friday-Funny-Movies-Funny-Books-and-Third-Wheels
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#797199 added November 8, 2013 at 9:55am
Restrictions: None
Funny Friday: Funny Movies, Funny Books, and Third Wheels
It's Funny Friday! The November 8, 2013 prompt for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS is
Pick one of the funniest movies you've watched or the funniest books you've read and tell us about it. What made the humor effective?
Do you use the same techniques in your own writing?

What was one of the funniest movies I've watched? I haven't watched very many of the most recent funny movies, which means it's probably time I watched a funny movie or a video. I remember watching Blazing Saddles that, at the time, I thought was funny. I also found Battlestar Galactica somewhat amusing, but that was a television series and not a movie. I've always enjoy watching the Lucilla Ball comedy movies, as well as I Love Lucy. I'm a child of the 1950s and raised on television.

The funniest books I've read was God Loves Laughter (which I think is out of print) by William Sears. The second funniest book is The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams. Sections of each of those books cause me to laugh for at least fifteen minutes, but I've never incorporated any of the techniques into my writing. The humor in God Loves Laughter. effective because Mr. Sears incorporated incidents from his own life and described in such a way that they were funny. I found The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy funny because the characters were authentic and the incidents which happened to them revealed truths about human nature. I've never consciously attempted to incorporate any of those techniques into my writing.


The prompt for "Blogging Circle of Friends Prompt Forum is
Third Wheel.

Sometimes I feel like a third wheel,
a bicycle out of balance
waiting to fall.

Sometimes I feel safe,
like I'm cradled in a warp in space,
outside of time,
but then I begin to question
my state of mind
or perhaps my sanity.

Sometimes I feel confused,
tired, and over used
like a bath towel
fraying at the edges.

Sometimes I feel out of touch
with reality
as if something is going on,
but nobody's telling me.

Thought of the Day: “All through my life I've had this strange unaccountable feeling that something was going on in the world, something big, even sinister, and no one would tell me what it was."
"No," said the old man, "that's just perfectly normal paranoia. Everyone in the Universe has that.”
- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/797199-Funny-Friday-Funny-Movies-Funny-Books-and-Third-Wheels