*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/797293-Creation-Saturday-A-Holdiday-Celebrating-Holidays
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#797293 added November 9, 2013 at 10:29am
Restrictions: None
Creation Saturday: A Holdiday Celebrating Holidays
It's Creation Saturday! The November 9, 2013 prompt for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS is
Create a ridiculous holiday to celebrate. You can use your holiday to rant about holidays in general,
or go the opposite direction and create a silly holiday for something that you can't live without.

There aren't enough holidays or days of celebration in the world. Every country, every cultural, and every religion has their own holidays, holy days, and days of celebration, but their are aren't enough of these because we need one day when the entire planet celebrates humanity, when every human being on the planet celebrates the joy of being human and shares one aspect of his or her culture or background that makes being human and celebrating holidays enjoyable. We celebrate everything except holidays and days of celebration and, I know from experience, that every individual on this planet has a favorite holiday, holy day, or day of celebration.

On this Holiday Celebrating Holidays, a person could work or not depending on his or her feelings about work. There are many people in this world that, despite popular opinion, enjoy working either because they have jobs or careers that they like or they consider work as a means of worshiping the Creator. People who consider work as worship normally have specific holy days on which work, for them, is suspended. The people who enjoy working because their job or career is a part of their world view or their view of themselves normally have specific days of the week that they take off for one reason or another.

A Holiday Celebrating Holidays is one that merchants and industry would like because those business can make it as commercial as they please without offending anyone because after all part of celebrating a holiday is giving gifts to family, friends, loved ones, and total strangers. Gifts would be encouraged and expected on this holiday without any worries about the holiday being too commercialized, the gift being too expensive, inexpensive, or not in good taste. If the giver thought the gift was not in good taste then he or she could purchase special wrapping paper with this message "This gift was purchased especially for the Holiday Celebrating Holidays so please do not take offense. I am giving you this gift as a joke or a statement about what I think about the commercialization of holidays. Have a Happy Holiday Celebrating Holidays.

Since this is a world wide celebration it would begin and end at the international date line. This holiday is intended to be celebration longest day of the year in the northern hemisphere and it would follow the sun east from the international date line. The celebration would last for twenty-four hours and in the southern hemisphere fires would be lit or lights turned on to encourage nighttime celebrations. The only thing that would be suspended and forbidden on this day would be the deliberate killing or abuse other human beings or animals to celebrate the Holiday Celebrating Holidays.



Quote of the Day: "Celebrate the happiness that friends are always giving, make every day a holiday and celebrate just living!" - Amanda Bradley

© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/797293-Creation-Saturday-A-Holdiday-Celebrating-Holidays