*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/797346
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1960296
The history of Prosperous Snow written for the group Reminiscences
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#797346 added November 9, 2013 at 7:22pm
Restrictions: None
November Memoir: These are some of my favorite things
Memoir: Tell us about your favourites. Favourite colour, food, music, flower, gemstone...
As many favourites as you care to share. Do you know if you share favourites with any family members?

What are my favorite colors? I like the joyful colors of life. The colors of spring and fall, which bring back memories of my childhood in Blackwell, Oklahoma. I like the colors that bring back memories of birthday's past. Birthday's spent with my parents and grandparents unwrapping my birthday present on Christmas Eve. It is true that I have had, and probably still have, Christmas issues the older I get the more I focus on the joy of celebrating a Christmas Eve birthday rather then the childish disappointments, jealously, and unhappiness that such a birthday can caused me.

For the last twelve months my favorite color has been red and I am not exactly sure why. My mother died on November 29, 2012, Mom's favorite color was red and her favorite flowers were roses. Mom was buried in a red dress and I placed a red rose on top of her coffin before it was lowered into the ground. Roses are my favorite flowers followed by cactus flowers. I associate roses with the spirit because those were the flowers that Baha'u'llah gave to his followers before he left Baghdad in 1863. I like cactus flowers because cactus are the only plants that I do not have difficulty growing.

My favorite foods are chocolate, coffee, Spanish rice, and cherry pudding. I think I acquired the taste for chocolate from my mother. I know acquired the taste for coffee from Grandpa Frank, my mother's father, and the taste for Spanish rice from Grandma Mary, my mother's mother. Grandma always made Spanish rice with ground beef, rice, and tomato sauce, but I have changed that recipe slightly. I use ground beef and rice, but instead of tomato sauce I use salsa and JalapeƱo peppers. I have not made the cherry pudding in years because, in moving from Blackwell, to Oklahoma City, and then to Las Vegas, we lost the recipe. I found the recipe a few days ago while doing a search for cherry pudding on line. Therefore, when I move to my new place, and can cook in a real oven and not a microwave, the first desert I will make is cherry pudding.
© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/797346