*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/797465-Blinking-can-only-result-in-a-moment-of-darkness
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1962205
You are what you write. Illusion and Reality...I reside in between. Where are you?
#797465 added November 11, 2013 at 7:18am
Restrictions: None
Blinking can only result in a moment of darkness
Well think about it. How many times do you blink in a minute? How many times do you blink in a day? Tiny percentages, but add them up and you will find that you are in darkness for part of your life.

Then there's the closing of eyes, turning off the reception of visual light...and going to sleep.  Dark isn't it?

But then. Wow! You see all kinds of stuff and you are not in darkness until you wake up and...blink!

Most of the time you do not remember what you've seen while sleeping unless a dream passes into a waking state. Vivid images, emotions, all kinds of people and situations are maybe remembered, but just a quickly they fade and most are forgotten unless your awake self is shocked or somehow impressed by the event. 

Those events are remembered, some never forgotten, and feel as real as any actual event in your life. What about those memories?  I think they are important. Do you question the source? Remember you are not seeing with your eyes...however you are seeing.

The complexities of our physical selves are awesome. We take them for granted most of the time.  Blink and see.....

>>>iggy

© Copyright 2013 iguanamountain (UN: iguanamountain at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
iguanamountain has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/797465-Blinking-can-only-result-in-a-moment-of-darkness