*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/797556-Women-and-Voting
Rated: ASR · Book · Personal · #1935750
Entries for various Blog Challenges.I will be expressing my hopes,dreams and fantasies.
#797556 added November 12, 2013 at 10:46am
Restrictions: None
Women and Voting
Nov. 12, 1815 Elizabeth Cady Stanton was born. She was a noted woman's right activist.

Prompt: Why do you think women weren't allowed to vote for a long time?

Little boys grew up seeing their mothers cooking, cleaning, taking care of babies and their fathers had jobs outside the home and made the money. The men attended meetings on political matters and other business issues. Women's function back then was raising children and taking care of the house. The Bible says the man rules over his wife and that is what men did. If women were home all day, they didn't know what went on outside the house. High society women went to teas, parties and balls but their husbands kept them from men's business as well. Over the years, women went out and got jobs to help support the family and help bringing homethe bacon finally gave them a say in politics and the world. and the right to vote. I feel husbands and wives are equal and if I would have lived back then, I wouldn't have been able to keep my mouth shut. I have a good husband and I don't boss him around but we do consult each other about things. As for politics, he is a Democrat and I am a Republican and we don't discuss politics a lot. It is good that men and women both serve in politics and world affairs as well as every day activities of living. A good prompt.

** Image ID #968482 Unavailable ** }
** Image ID #1127782 Unavailable **

© Copyright 2013 Princess Megan Rose (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/797556-Women-and-Voting