*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/798549
Rated: ASR · Book · Personal · #1935750
Entries for various Blog Challenges.I will be expressing my hopes,dreams and fantasies.
#798549 added November 23, 2013 at 11:02am
Restrictions: None
Country's Symbol
Prompt: In the United States, Ben Franklin wanted the turkey not the bald eagle for our country's symbol. Which would you choose if you had been able to vote? Or would you have chosen a totally different animal? Why? If someone who doesn't live in the US, does your country have a symbol of a animal or something different, enlighten us.

I admire the bald eagle and the turkey I eat at Thanksgiving. I like the wolf to have been our country's symbol. He is loyal and takes care of his family as well as looks out for others plus he is beautiful and majestic. A wolf has sharp hearing. perservance and can track and hunt for days without eating He is territorial and home range is important to him. He is a totem. The Native Americans admired him because they felt he was one of them. The wolves used to be more plentiful but they have been misunderstood. They howl at the moon for a reason. Maybe they are trying to send us a message about life or maybe they just like the moon. A wolf is my favorite animal. I choose him as the country's symbol.

** Image ID #1467193 Unavailable **
Neat wolves image by Kiya gifted from Sister Of Mercy and Vicki.


© Copyright 2013 Princess Megan Rose (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/798549