*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/798591-Social-nightmare
Rated: 13+ · Book · Mystery · #1222498
A place for random thoughts, ideas, and fun!
#798591 added November 23, 2013 at 11:21pm
Restrictions: None
Social nightmare
*sigh* I wish I knew how to make life easier for Goldilocks. *Frown* She was invited to a birthday slumber party, and this afternoon told me that she did not want to sleep over. She has a difficult time sleeping away from home, and has anxiety. Okay, no problem. We told them that we would pick her up whenever they were finished with the activities for the evening. She was super excited, because they were going to see Catching Fire. Oh boy!

I got a text . . . the only seats are in the front. She isn't sitting in the front. I told her to stand elsewhere, but DO NOT ruin the birthday girl's party.

A short while later the doorbell rang . . . Goldilocks. *Shock*

Apparently that plan wasn't good enough. She was not having a good time. So the dad left the rest of the girls there and drove her home.

I don't know what to do for her . . . I don't know. She cannot meet in the middle. She does not know how to compromise. Therapy has done nothing to help her learn how to be a good friend, a good sibling, a good person around others. All is well until something goes awry. And then it goes very awry. Friendships have been lost over her inability to go with the flow. Trying to talk about it is like pulling teeth.

So we've gone from her being super excited to see the movie, to just now deciding she hates movie theaters. HUGE giant leap. Don't know how we got from point A to point B. Don't know how to make it okay.

© Copyright 2013 Merry Mumsy (UN: amygdalia at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Merry Mumsy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/798591-Social-nightmare