*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/798790-War-Chest-Tuesday-Would-I-risk-my-life--National-Cake-Day
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#798790 added November 26, 2013 at 3:07pm
Restrictions: None
War Chest Tuesday: Would I risk my life & National Cake Day
}It's War Chest Tuesday! The November 26, 2013 prompt for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS is
Have you ever risked your life to save the life of someone else? Would you if the situation arose? Who would you risk your life for? (If you would prefer to answer a slightly tamer version of this question, replace the word "life" with reputation.)

Have I ever risked my life to save the life of someone else? No. Would I, if the situation arose, risk my life to save someone else? I would like to say yes, to this question, but the truth is I have absolutely no idea how I would respond in a case like that.

Would I
risk life and limb
for another human being?
I hope
the answer would be
a resounding YES.

The prompt for "Blogging Circle of Friends Prompt Forum is
Apparently, there is a National Day for just about anything. Today, November 26th is National Cake Day!
If you had to represent us in a world bake off, what cake would you bake to best describe us and why?
Bet some of you are going to immediately say "fruitcake" *Delight*

I have made many cakes in my life. I have baked cakes in conventional ovens and I have bake them in microwaves. I have make cakes from scratch and I have used mixes. I have made chocolate cakes, I have made mayonnaise cakes, I have made all sorts of cakes, but I have never made a fruitcake (all though I've dated a few). If I were going to bake a cake for National Cake Day, I would like to bake a fruitcake simply because it would be a new experience. However, I would not bake the conventional fruitcake because I would not bake it from scratch.

The way I would make a fruitcake is to start with the pound cake mix I have in the refrigerator and the can of mixed fruit I have sitting on the breakfast counter. I would mix the cake according to the directions on the box, except I would substitute some of the liquid in the mixed fruit for the liquid ingredients the cake mix direction calls for. After mixing the cake, I would put the cake in a casserole dish and put it in the microwave for about ten minutes. Then I would see if the cake was done clear through by sticking a butter knife in the middle. If the cake was not baked through then I would put it through the bake cycle for a few more minutes or seconds.


© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/798790-War-Chest-Tuesday-Would-I-risk-my-life--National-Cake-Day