*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/798845-War-Chest-Wednesday-A-Question-of--Sacrifice
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#798845 added November 27, 2013 at 1:07pm
Restrictions: None
War Chest Wednesday: A Question of Sacrifice
It's War Chest Wednesday! The November 27, 2013 prompt for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS is
There's something you want very badly but can't have it. Your only way of obtaining it is to sacrifice something else of true importance.
What do you want and what would you give up to get it?

What do I want but can't have? An interesting question, which I find difficult to answer at this time in my life. I don't know what I would want so badly that I'd sacrifice something else for, any more then I know what I'd sacrifice. I've been required to make a lot of sacrifices in my 66 years, eleven months, and two days on this planet. I've usually never considered the sacrifice until after it was made.

That could mean that the thing or things I sacrificed weren't important enough to remember or consider a sacrifice. It could also mean that what what I received for the sacrifice was more important then the things sacrificed. After the age of 27, I realized that sometimes the sacrifice is more important then the item or items sacrificed. I think that had to do with giving my daughter up for adoption. I knew I could not take care of her and I knew my living arrangements were not the type that would encourage her talents and living a fruitful life. After that sacrifice, all other sacrificed paled in comparison.

The other sacrifice I made was getting out of the workforce to care for Mama. At the time, I didn't consider the financial burden it would place on me after Mom's death, which was probably the most important thing I sacrificed to become a caregiver. I'm still struggling with that sacrifice because I'm not financially independent and I need to rely on other people to help me financially. The house closes next week and I don't have a place to live; I may have to go to Searchlight to live with my sister, which means I may have to give up my Cox Communications internet connection for a while. I don't know how I'll be able to live without a reliable internet connection because the only connection I may have is through a satellite dish, which I don't trust because of the sunspot cycle we are experiencing.

I could be concerned over nothing, because one of the waiting list I'm on may clear so that I can get a place here in Las Vegas. Living in Searchlight would be a sacrifice because I have to come into Las Vegas or go to Boulder City to shop and pick up my prescriptions. If I have to go to the hospital or an urgent care facility then I have to come into Las Vegas. When I see my doctor or any doctor, I have to come into Las Vegas. Then there is the $200.00 I have to pay to get out of the bundle I have for my internet, phone, and television. The land-line and the television are not big deals, but I would miss the reliability of the cable modem.

What do I want that I can't have? I may be able to answer this question better next week. What would I sacrifice for what I want but can't have? This is another question I can probably answer better next week.

Food for Thought about Sacrifice: “Seven Deadly Sins

Wealth without work
Pleasure without conscience
Science without humanity
Knowledge without character
Politics without principle
Commerce without morality
Worship without sacrifice.”

― Mahatma Gandhi

© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/798845-War-Chest-Wednesday-A-Question-of--Sacrifice