*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/799095-The-way-things-are
by NYPen
Rated: E · Book · Educational · #1942316
Contemplative thoughts that infiltrate the mind.
#799095 added December 1, 2013 at 7:08pm
Restrictions: None
The way things are
      I don't feel as though I've accomplished very much in the past year.  Life has moved at such break neck speed that a lot has gotten away from me.  I set goals for myself, but situations arose that impeded my efforts. I did take the initiative to get involved in NaNo for the first time.  I found this opportunity to be extremely rewarding being able to further my novel.  I got frustrated every time I was interrupted which seemed to be a lot of times.  I have two kids whom take precedence in my daily schedule.  I can't wait till they leave the house, and the empty nest syndrome takes over.  I'm really kidding about that last statement. 
      The schedule with the kids was very hectic.  I don't see the next year changing very much either.  I feel every year moves faster than the last.  When I was growing up I don't remember the years moving by so fast.  Having kids has changed that perspective. 
      They always have something going on which keeps me on the move. I get older too which I'm not sure how I'm able to keep up with the schedule,  I'm not as young as I used to be.  My body doesn't move as fast. I get up from certain positions, and there are cracking noises that I've never heard before. 
      I always have to go to that spot, and stretch in a contortionist's angle.  Stretching for a few minutes gets all those tight spots popping. Maybe all the popping my body is doing will work in conjunction with my mind popping.  I am eager to do things differently in the new year.  I say this every year accomplishing certain things, but not everything. 
        I am going to continue on my novel hoping to finish it.  I need to finish it.  Finishing it will be one of the biggest accomplishments that will boost my ambition to complete other goals.  I get very complacent sometimes letting life lead the way.  I need to shock the system in order to jump start the year so that complacency doesn't take over. 
        I look forward to being more productive this year.  I'm tired of letting my goals slip by only for me to say that I will do them next year.  I can't keep saying this because I will say this every year.  I don't want every year to have the same mantra.  The same mantra gets boring and stagnant.
        I don't want my goals to be dumped into the stagnancy pool.  My biggest goal is to get my novel accomplished.  Once I do this I believe life will take a turn in the right direction.  A direction that will lead me to new heights, and less frustration, maybe.  I don't know if there will be less frustration, but it would be nice.       
        I am determined to accomplish a lot this next year.  I don't think life is going to slow down since this seems to be the way things are.  Impediments and interruptions will get in the way, but I will take care of those.  I won't have to wait until November of next year to accomplish my novel. I have continued with the novel writing process since NaNo ended. 
        I will not let my goals be interrupted by anything that isn't important.  I will keep certain goals at the top of my list in order to see them through.  This is one situation that won't impede my efforts. This year is going to be the year where I can say I have accomplished much.  It's going to be a good year. 

       

© Copyright 2013 NYPen (UN: nypen at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
NYPen has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/799095-The-way-things-are