*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/799203-Metablogging
Rated: 13+ · Book · Mystery · #1222498
A place for random thoughts, ideas, and fun!
#799203 added December 2, 2013 at 7:08pm
Restrictions: None
Metablogging
I recently made the decision to attempt to blog nearly every day. So of course I’m now attempting to stretch my brain and come up with enough topics to fill 365 days. This in turn led me to think about the process of blogging, why one chooses to blog, and why one chooses to include certain topics or contents and leave out others.

For myself, I made the decision to keep up with my daily blog after finishing NaNoWriMo a few weeks ago. Regardless of whether or not I’m editing, or working on another project, or beginning to plan out a new story, blogging keeps me in the habit of sitting down daily and writing.

It can be a challenge coming up with new and different ideas on a regular basis. Several years ago, I tried doing Movie Mondays, and Foodie Fridays, in an attempt to add some structure to my blog and therefore increase the likelihood that I would actually add to it. Of course, that rests on the assumption that I have a new recipe or film to blog about, so that went by the wayside fairly quickly.

There are topics that some people choose to highlight in their blogs for a variety of reasons. Some of them I would not touch with a ten foot pole. Regarding other topics, I will likely sit down and spend some time regurgitating my internal thought processes onto my computer.

My final thought for the day relates to the blogger’s personal purpose. Do I blog for myself, or do I blog for others? I think for most people, the answer is that it is a combination of the two. I blog on topics of interest to myself, with the hope that others will either learn something, or find something to relate to, or simply find my writing entertaining. One can only hope.

© Copyright 2013 Merry Mumsy (UN: amygdalia at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Merry Mumsy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/799203-Metablogging