*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/799241-Electronic-evolution-in-Iran
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1962205
You are what you write. Illusion and Reality...I reside in between. Where are you?
#799241 added December 3, 2013 at 12:50am
Restrictions: None
Electronic evolution in Iran
Electronic evolution in Iran

Now, in the twenty-first century, Iranians who left before, after, or during the revolution, return---they are astounded---stunned at the changes that have occurred since 1979.

And now, even after only ten years for me, I see enormous changes. During the eight years of the Ahmadinejad administration, the infrastructure expanded to encompass the entire country. Freeways became full-scale autobahns. Bridges float across valleys and tunnels bore through mountains, not unlike the mountain-ridge highway that runs the length of the Italian boot. Not unlike the freeways of Paris or Madrid. Smoother, sleek and more graceful than Los Angeles. I ride over great, soaring roundabouts that interweave in multiple layers providing uninterrupted flow in all directions.

They've just opened a many-miles-long, double-decker freeway that's lifted elegantly above an old, congested highway.  And in the city, if something was in the way, they bridged it or tunneled under, they did not destroy existing neighborhoods. And as it progresses, all of it is landscaped. Lawns, trees, flowers, tiled murals, with decorative lighting.

In Tehran and all the major cities, it is the same. Progress seems blindingly fast. There are massive universities, hospitals, schools building or expanding everywhere as the population grows. Every small town and village have asphalt roads, electricity and natural gas to every home, television, internet, phone service. Rich or poor, they all seem to have a mobile phone. Wireless Internet access is invading every town. The electronic transformation is happening in a matter of years, not decades. Europe and America evolved over many years, but here, it is an explosion of state-of-the-art electronics within a very short time-span.

Even young parents are at times befuddled by the cyber-conscioness of their children in handling phones, tablets and computers. In remote villages, it becomes a one-generation shift, and even if they don't go for higher-education, the television is right there to nudge their brain. (sound familiar?)
For sure, telephone & computer technology is changing faster than the schools. I see an electronically connected society evolving within this new generation. I mean connected ALL THE TIME.  Not just in Iran, but all over the world. Think about it.
I have more to say, but later.
>>>iggy
          ** Image ID #1264233 Unavailable **

© Copyright 2013 iguanamountain (UN: iguanamountain at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
iguanamountain has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/799241-Electronic-evolution-in-Iran