*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/799645
Rated: ASR · Book · Personal · #1935750
Entries for various Blog Challenges.I will be expressing my hopes,dreams and fantasies.
#799645 added December 7, 2013 at 3:21pm
Restrictions: None
Pearl Harbor, Dec, 7, 1941
Prompt: On December 7, 1941 Pearl Harbor was attacked by the Japanese. What do you know about this time? Were any family members on the ships? Could it happen again?

My mother talks about Pearl Harbor being attacked and that is when the US entered WWII. I have seen the movie "Pearl Harbor" and "Tora, Tora" and I like these two movies. "Tora, Tora" ended with the US declaring war on Japan and I asked why aren't they showing the war? My uncle said: "Do you want to sit here in the theatre for the next five years and watch the war?" No, I didn't. I don't think the war lasted that long. I wasn't around when WWII started. I remember the Viet Nam War and my father was there three times. Watching the movie "Pearl Harbor" put the attack into perspective and it seemed real. The Nurses at the hospital had a rough time as well as the men being attacked and wounded and when the attack happened, they fled to the hospital to help the wounded. Being a QMA {like a Nurse}, I suppose I would have been at my job helping the wounded. The US was trying to stay out of the war but we had no choice after Pearl Harbor was attacked. Pearl Harbor wasn't prepared and didn't know what was happening until the planes came in and dropped bombs and the US Soldiers shot back. It was a sneak attack ands all h--- broke loose. Why did the Japanese do that? To get us involved in the war. They lost in the end along with the Germans. Serves them right.

I have no family members who were at Pearl Harbor. I respect those who did and my heart goes out to them. I don't think it could happen again but after 911, who knows? I think America is more guarded now and hopefully, have their and all ground covered literally.

"A Japanese Woman's Secret

** Image ID #1943267 Unavailable **


© Copyright 2013 Princess Megan Rose (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/799645