*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/800150-Depression-Dos-and-Donts
Rated: 13+ · Book · Mystery · #1222498
A place for random thoughts, ideas, and fun!
#800150 added December 13, 2013 at 9:10pm
Restrictions: None
Depression Dos and Don'ts
Well last night turned out to be all sort of fun I was not anticipating. After having a super low energy and low mood day, I still managed to make it to our local wine bar for Karaoke night. Now you MUST understand that, for me, Karaoke night involves having a drink or two, eating some tasty food, and listening to others sing. I don’t sing in public. Heck, I don’t sing in private. Occasionally in the car if the radio is on, but since I never turn on the radio of my own accord, that is  rare indeed.

Somehow I ended up at the mic, singing Puff the Magic Dragon with a friend. And crying, of course. And then, as if that wasn’t enough, I ended up going up with Bob, later that evening, and singing City of New Orleans. I don’t even know how it happened. But I felt good.

Woke up during the middle of the night, smelling pasta. That was the end of it. An hour and a half later I finally settled myself back to sleep.

So today was going to be a good day. Bob and I had planned to see a matinee together – what a treat! Of course, waking up and seeing that the weather in Philly is deteriorating, and that there are travel advisories for tomorrow, set me into an AM tailspin. Tried to contact Dr B about rebooking the flight for TODAY, but no answer. No answer, no answer. Finally, it was too late to even consider any of today’s flights. We will have to hope for the best for tomorrow morning.

So we went to the movie . . . and I cried. And cried. This is NOT the right time of year for me to be watching sad movies. I wanted to see this film, and it was fantastic, but had I known how sad it would be, I would NOT have gone. I know what I can and cannot do this time of year. Watching anything sad is simply out of the question.

Came back to the house and just needed to sleep it off. Now I’m tired and grumpy and anxious about the weather. I need another dose of whatever hit me last night at Swirl.

PS – I HATE trying to figure out how to write “dos and don’ts”  . . . nothing looks right. Argh.

© Copyright 2013 Merry Mumsy (UN: amygdalia at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Merry Mumsy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/800150-Depression-Dos-and-Donts