*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/800349-Dreaming
Rated: 13+ · Book · Mystery · #1222498
A place for random thoughts, ideas, and fun!
#800349 added December 16, 2013 at 12:10pm
Restrictions: None
Dreaming
Do you ever have a dream that just sticks with you, long after you wake up? It can affect the entire tone of your day, as you walk around still pondering the feelings this dream left with you, or mentally chewing on the meaning behind a particular dream.

I woke up this morning with just such a dream knocking at my brain. Nothing earth-shattering or momentous (I still have a few from years ago that I remember with that vivid degree of detail) but something about this dream is holding on and not letting go.

I was with a group of people – I’m not entirely sure who they were. But there were a few small children, including one little girl who was very much a free spirit (or poor listener?) . . . in any case, there were these burners. Gas stove type burners, but low where she could access them, and they had single flames shooting upward. Her little friend (brother?) was nearby, and my brain says perhaps she wanted to impress him, or be near him. In any case, she did this sort of swinging leap/climb OVER the flame. And no one around her paid her any attention. I pulled her aside afterward and told her that I was worried, that what she had done was dangerous, and that she should not do it again or she could get badly hurt. A few minutes later, this man (don’t think he was related to her in a familial sense, but perhaps in a more clan-like sense) came up to me and basically told me to mind my own business.

So I’m stuck wondering . . . was this dream a cautionary tale about getting too involved in the lives of others? Was it a commentary on my concern for parents who let their children run wild without limits? And HOW the heck did she manage to get over that blue gas flame without hurting herself!? It was half as tall as she was!

© Copyright 2013 Merry Mumsy (UN: amygdalia at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Merry Mumsy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/800349-Dreaming