*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/800545-The-hill-is-dark
by NYPen
Rated: E · Book · Educational · #1942316
Contemplative thoughts that infiltrate the mind.
#800545 added December 19, 2013 at 10:43am
Restrictions: None
The hill is dark
         I'm extremely frustrated with the attitude, ignorance, and blatant disregard for the American people.  The president doesn't seem to take a position on anything except for the health law that "had" his name on it.  I say had because when all the issues arose the administration, government officials, and the media started calling it the Affordable Care Act.  The health law isn't affordable at all for most Americans as many people came forward stating their disgust.  We were sold a bill of goods that the only one who would've been standing in line would've been Fast Sam's Car Sales. 
         The first time that the American people heard about this was when Nancy Pelosi said "Its a great product but I haven't read it. We can send it through, and then look at what is in it later."  I wouldn't have read it either since there are 25,000 pages.  The stack of pages that it amounted to stands about as tall as a 6 foot tall man.  The stack of papers could be used as a diving board. 
         A lot of the administration are a bunch of puppets.  Each representative that gets in front of the camera seems to divert questions with foggy answers.  They seem to think they can lead us down their path by pulling on an invisible bull's nose ring.  I believe a lot of the American people have seen through the fog, and have gotten rid of the ring.  There are only a few that continue to believe in this administration because they don't want to admit to their faulty ideology.
         I never voted for this president because he was too liberal for my belief system.  I'm an Independent which means I don't stand with the Republicans or the Democrats.  I stand with the representatives who have the same ideology as me.  The ones who voted for this president twice should change their political affiliation so they are not known as "so you're the one who voted for him."  The sad fact is that most of the ones who voted for him are ones who had never voted before. 
         I heard a fact yesterday on a news program that 90% of the people that voted for this president had never voted before.  The majority of that voting population came from the black vote.  The sad fact is that they voted for him based off of his color.  There was no effort on their part to consider what his ideology was about.  The consequences of their actions speak loudly as to the outcome of where this country is heading. 
         This country has been heading in the wrong direction for a while.  The socialistic attitude of the "Hill" has been increasing over the years.  Big government seems to want to encompass everything that is a part of our lives.  They want to control our health, our money, our choices, our constitution, and what socks I put on.  I'm kidding about the socks, but I may not be far off from that reality. 
         There is a lot more that I can spout off about what I believe.  I feel right now what I've stated is the genesis to many issues that are bothering me about this administration.  The presidency has brought about a new found belief in my ideology granting me the right to say that they have no clue as to what they are doing.  I'm not sure when they will see the blight that they have inflicted on this nation.  Three more years until this tumor can be eliminated is a sad fact. 
         I don't know what the next administration is going to bring, but I hope that we see a difference.  The transparency is tinted, and needs to be peeled away.  I hope that the next administration will be as transparent as a glass house.  Whomever is voted in next I hope will speak more truth to the American people than what we've gotten so far.  I'm tired of how the government has thrown the nation into disarray. 
         The blight may not change.  I don't think the mentality of the American people can be that blind to the cause and effect.  This effect is the decision of many people who were misinformed.  I hope we can look through the misinformation so that future generations don't have to deal with the darkness that has shrouded this administration.  Peel away the tint so that we can believe in our country again. 
     
     

© Copyright 2013 NYPen (UN: nypen at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
NYPen has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/800545-The-hill-is-dark