*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/801020-National-Whiners-Day-is-an-Inspiration
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#801020 added December 26, 2013 at 11:01am
Restrictions: None
National Whiner's Day is an Inspiration
The December 26, 2013 (National Whiner's Day) prompt for "Blogging Circle of Friends Prompt Forum is
What do you think is it warranted? Are we a society of whiners? What are some examples of whining that totally push your buttons?


"Definition of Whine: To complain or protest in a childish fashion.
Synonyms: complain, bellyache, fuss, gripe, grumble, moan, snivel…."

The problem with whining is that children have taken it to an art form, but adults ignore the benefits that whining holds, which is the stress relief. I'm of the opinion that National Whiner's Day should be an inspiration to all journalist, poets, novelist, bloggers, and short story writers who have a legitimate or an illegitimate reason to bitch about anything that is disrupting or irritating. This is the day when anyone and everyone who can coherently or incoherently shout, write, or blog about the issue should do it in big bold letters.

Warranted or not whining is a good way to relieve stress especially if it is done in public and to the people or institutions that have cause issues for the individual doing the whining. As for being a society of whiners, I don't think we have gotten that far because neither the President of the United States or the General Assembly of the United Nations hasn't appoint a Secretary of Whining to investigate Whiner's Complaints. Once nations, international organizations, and businesses begin to take whiner's whining seriously we can't say we're a Society of Whiners, but until then whining and whiners are considered only a minor irritant to be brushed off like lint on the shoulder of an angora sweater.

There are several types of whining that push my buttons and cause me to whine in return, which doesn't do any good. When someone else whines about the whiner's politically and hateful whining it only inspires the whiner to whine more. Therefore, instead of whining about the whiners and their whining I'm going to use it as an inspiration in my writing. I'm also using National Whiner's Day as an inspiration. In fact it's already inspired me to write two things.

Last night, it inspired me to make the following post on Facebook: "Just so everyone knows. December 26 is National Whiners Day. So if anyone accuses you of whining on Thursday, December 26, you can tell them you're celebrating National Whiners Day." So far I've received one like from one of my brothers; I'm not sure that counts because he inherited the same weird sense of humor as me.

Then this morning, I was inspired to make the following post in "Poetic Insanity "you like insanity,/Or have the urge to whine/about..." I encourage any registered author, who needs a bit of inspiration to check out this inspiring and funny In & Out and participate in the poetic hilarity.

Quote of the Day: “I personally believe we developed language because of our deep inner need to complain.” - Jane Wagner, The Search for Signs of Intelligent Life in the Universe

© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/801020-National-Whiners-Day-is-an-Inspiration