*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/801192-2013-and-Beyond
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#801192 added December 28, 2013 at 10:21am
Restrictions: None
2013 and Beyond
The December 28, 2013 prompt for "Blogging Circle of Friends Prompt Forum is
As this year closes pick one and tell us about it: Most exciting event, saddest event, happiest event, most surprising event, event that you wish you could change, and finally an event that you hope will happen but hasn't.

I did several review of 2013 in some of the December entries in "Welcome to My Life and I wrote the essay "Trapped in Insanity: A Review 2013, which I submitted to "Invalid Item. Therefore, the only thing I'm adding is the joy of winning NaNoWriMo by writing 54,658 words in "Midnight in Suburbia. I want to look beyond the insanity of 2013, so I can truly begin my new normal and get 2014 off to a flying start.

Therefore, I have decided to change the way I do my Facebook status updates because I suspect I'm becoming addicted to either Facebook or updating my status. Since I don't have time to feed that addiction, I'm going to begin updating my status on Facebook once or twice a day instead of half-a-dozen or more times a day. I updated this morning between 5:30 and 6:00 am, with the following message : "It's a good Saturday morning. I found the book Pathways to Transformation: The Baha'i Journey containing selections from the Baha'i Writing, so I began using it for my morning and evening devotions." Despite the fact that I'm curious about the reaction of my friends and family to the post, I'm going to avoid (I hope) checking my Facebook page before 6:30 or 7:00 pm this evening.

I'm contemplating creating a Facebook page to go along withe the website I want to create in 2014, once that is done then I will have to update my status more then once or twice a day. However, that will concern my writing rather then just updating my personal status or checking the groups I belong to on Facebook. I have to say, right here, that it's difficult not accessing Facebook and that's why I think I have an addiction to it. I can over come the urge when I'm focused on something, but if my mind and thoughts aren't focused the I have the urge to either fantasize (see some of the post in "Welcome to My Life) or waste time on Facebook.

Quote of the Day: "Facebook addiction problems: When you want to write a status but have nothing to write." - http://quoteslover.hubpages.com/hub/Funny-Facebook-Addiction-Quotes

© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/801192-2013-and-Beyond