*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/801796-Opinion-Thursday-Do-I-Wish-I-Were-19-Again
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#801796 added January 2, 2014 at 10:42am
Restrictions: None
Opinion Thursday: Do I Wish I Were 19 Again?
It's Opinion Thursday! The January 2, 2014 prompt for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS is
If you could go back to when you were 19, would you? Would you prefer to have all the knowledge you have now, or start completely fresh?


Do I wish I were eighteen or even nineteen again? Yes, but I'm sure I wouldn't want to go back in time to accomplish that feat. I realize there would be a price to pay for turning my age back 48 years. I also realize that I may regret the price if I were to find a fountain or youth or a magic spell to turn back the years; however, it would be an interesting adventure. As to whether I'd want to have all the knowledge I've acquire in my 67 years on this planet; I'm not sure. I know that there are people and events in my life I wouldn't want to forget, but I all so know that there are people and events that I would like to forget.

A fresh start sounds like it would be nice, but that might be the case. If I had a fresh start then I would have to learn all the lesson of the past 48 years all over again. I'm no sure I would want to go through that process because I would want to learn different lessons. I suspect the price for starting fresh would be going through the same painful lessons of the last 48 years and that is a horrible thought. There are memories and other things I've acquired over the last 48 years that I wouldn't to change and starting fresh might mean I would change some of those. Therefore, after reviewing all I've said, the final answer to both questions is No I wouldn't want to be 19 again. I think I'll take George Burns advice and stand tall like an old and wise oak.







© Copyright 2014 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/801796-Opinion-Thursday-Do-I-Wish-I-Were-19-Again