*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/801885-2013-Highlights-and-lowlights
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#801885 added January 2, 2014 at 10:14pm
Restrictions: None
2013 Highlights and lowlights
The January 2, 2014 prompt for "Blogging Circle of Friends Prompt Forum is
Give us your personal highlight and lowlight of 2013.

I didn't intend to respond to this today, but after writing two poems and getting stuck on the second paragraph of my urban fantasy short story, I decided to take the cat by the whiskers and write about the best thing that happened to me in 2013. The lowlights of 2013 was January through November, the last eleven months of my Year of Magical Thinking. During the fist eleven months of 2013 I felt as if I was in limbo; I got the feeling I was floating between galaxies and getting nowhere. Then suddenly, at the beginning of December everything began turning around.

December was my most prolific writing month in 2013. I wrote more poems in that month then at anytime during the year. However, the best thing that happened occurred on the evening of December 30, 2013. After I returned home from the Feast of Sharaf, my real estate agent come over to the house (he knows I have difficulty getting around) and I signed the final papers for the sale of the house. I will finally be getting out of the house in about a two weeks (more or less).

December was the month when I stopped worrying on a regular basis. I still worry sometimes, but not as much as I did most of 2013. I'm not sure that I accomplished many of the goals I established in 2013. I had difficulty most of the year with the 2,000 words per day goal, but for the last few days I haven't had a much of a problem. I seem to be able to push myself now where I couldn't make myself do much of anything. I'm surprised I kept writing in 2013; however, I managed to do that even when it was very difficult, I managed to continue writing poetry.

In December of 2013, I begin to stretch myself and my writing. I'm going to attempt new genres during this year and I'm going to create a group on writing.com. I feel as if I can do anything I set my mind to do and I haven't felt that way in a long long time. My mother always said I could do whatever I set my mind to; she was my strongest supporter and always encouraged me to reach for the stars. I miss Mom so much, but I can't crawl into a shell and remain in the dark. I have to write and I think I'm finally getting to the point where I have confidence in my own writing and in myself.



© Copyright 2014 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/801885-2013-Highlights-and-lowlights