*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/801994-Letting-Go-is-Writing-On
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#801994 added January 3, 2014 at 8:10pm
Restrictions: None
Letting Go is Writing On
The Friday, January 3, 2014 prompt for "Blogging Circle of Friends Prompt Forum is
How good are you at letting things go?

I just had an epiphany and yes it was a somewhat painful birth. I should have made this entry part of "Funny Friday: Looking Back at 2013 because the two are related. Unfortunately I didn't think about the relationship until after I had posted the other entry to "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS. My ability to let go (which I need to work on) has to do with looking back at 2013 and writing on.

I have difficulty letting go, which I found out during 2013 in my poor attempt to downsize and give away Mom's clothes. Neither do I like people coming into my house and helping me clean it which translates in my mind as getting rid of MY stuff. True, I have difficulty getting rid of it, but I don't want anyone else helping me to get rid of it because that means I'm not in control. Which brings me to letting go and writing on.

I've found that it's easier for me to downsize if I can write about it. All thought, I think that sometimes the writing about it turns into ranting about it. Anyway, after I finished the last entry in this blog, I realized that one of the things I learn in 2013 was that I can get rid and downsize if I can write about the experience. Then I realized that, for me, writing is letting go.

Letting go
is writing on.

One word at a time
I declutter my mind
and write on.

As I write this, I'm letting go of the words coming into my mind. I let go of the old year one-word-at-a-time and as I let go I enter the possibility of the New Year. When I write a poem, I'm letting go of the emotions. When I write a story, I'm letting go of the fear and overcoming the negative voice of doubt. Each time I write I let go of something. Word by word I'm learning to let go and get on with my life. I'm writing on and letting go at the same time.

Food for Thought: “Cry. Forgive. Learn. Move on. Let your tears water the seeds of your future happiness.” - Steve Maraboli


© Copyright 2014 Prosperous Snow Valentine (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow Valentine has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/801994-Letting-Go-is-Writing-On