*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/802080-Creative-Cooking-in-a-microwave-or-an-electric-skillet
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#802080 added January 4, 2014 at 1:59pm
Restrictions: None
Creative Cooking in a microwave or an electric skillet
The January 4, 2014 prompt for "Blogging Circle of Friends Prompt Forum is
All of us have different interests, share some interesting trivia details about your passion. Sporting, Cooking, Gardening, Writing, etc. fans here is your chance to show us what you know about your interests! Have fun, *Bigsmile* with this.

I enjoy cooking, even though the only person I have to cook for anymore is myself. I'm a creative cook and use recipes only as guidelines because I enjoy experimenting with the food I cook. I know where this comes from, it comes from my childhood and being forbidden to play with my food at the table. I'm not sure when I learned the difference between playing with your food at the table and playing with it while you're cooking.

My latest experiment is mixing yams, sweet potatoes, and Irish baking potatoes in the same dish. I discovered around Thanksgiving of 2013 how delicious that combination of potatoes are, so I'm working with the recipe to see what other things will go into the dish. I hope to have this dish perfected by the middle of March. Anyway below is my latest attempt to at this recipe.

1/2 large Irish baking potato peeled and sliced
1/2 large sweet potato peeled and sliced
1/2 large yam peeled and sliced
1/2 large Diakon radish peeled and sliced
3/4 cup Beef broth (please note that you can also substitute chicken or vegetable broth)

Mix the above in a medium sized microwave safe casserole dish (if you have a large casserole dish then double the recipe). Cook in the microwave until the potatoes are easy to mash. After the potatoes are done, mix the margarine in while you are mashing the potatoes and put into individual serving dishes. Before serving this dish add the yogurt or sour cream to the serving dishes and serve. Please note that you can use less or more yogurt/sour cream if you desire.

1 tablespoon butter or margarine
1 tablespoon yogurt or sour cream (you can also use a yogurt and sour cream mixture) per serving

The next time I experiment (play) with this dish, I'm adding 3/4 cup of orange juice along with the beef broth. I'm also considering adding a little hot sauce to this dish as well.

© Copyright 2014 Prosperous Snow Valentine (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow Valentine has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/802080-Creative-Cooking-in-a-microwave-or-an-electric-skillet