*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/802113-Its-A-New-Year--Its-Time-to-Try-Something-New
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1649240
Gratitude breaks the spell of Writers Block
#802113 added January 4, 2014 at 9:18pm
Restrictions: None
It's A New Year & It's Time to Try Something New
It's a New Year!
It's time to attempt
something new.


What goals shall I set for the coming week. My goals for the New Year are (1) write 2,000 words per day consistently, (2) create a group called United in Our Grief, (3) submit my work to online e-zines for publication, and (4) purchase a 12-month premium membership to writing.com.1 The goals for the week of January 5 to January 11 are (1) write 2,000 words per day focusing on writing longer pieces of 200 to 1,000 words, (2) work on "United in Our Grief Group, (3) research one online e-zine with the focus on submissions, and (4) put an extra $2.80 in savings account toward 12-month premium membership price.

*Penb* Write 2,000 words per day focusing on pieces of 200 to 1,000 words.
*Penbl* Work on "United in Our Grief group and set it up so the second member can deposit GPs without sending them to me.
*Peng* Research one e-zine with a focus on submitting something.
*Peno* Deposit an extra $2.80 in my savings account toward 12-month premium membership.
*Penp* Review at least three items per day to help keep up my three-month premium membership.

I don't have enough time in the day to do everything I want to do, much less everything I have to do. I going to attempt a prioritized "To Do List" again in January. I don't know how well it will work, maybe this is another one of those insane "trying the same thing over and over and expecting different results" projects. The one thing I do know is that if I don't have a written list of things to do then I tend to sit and stare blankly out the window or at the computer screen. I need to keep my mind focused because otherwise I tend to fantasize. I also tend to fantasize when my hands are doing mundane task (such as washing dishes) and my mind is free to wander. Prayer helps to pull my mind back into focus. The prayers that help the most are those reveal by Baha'u'llah and the Bab, some of which I have memorized.

Footnotes
1  See "Dear Me


© Copyright 2014 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/802113-Its-A-New-Year--Its-Time-to-Try-Something-New