*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/802419-War-Chest-Tuesday-Nervous-times-past-present-and-future
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#802419 added January 7, 2014 at 9:04am
Restrictions: None
War Chest Tuesday: Nervous times past, present, and future
It's War Chest Tuesday! The January 7, 2014 Prompt for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS is
Write about the time you were the most nervous you've ever been.

Since I'm still alive, I'm sure I haven't encountered this situation as yet. Of course, I could be wrong, but I won't know that until after my soul and body separate. I suspect that, no matter how firm my faith, the moment I pass into the next world will be a nerve wracking experience. Especially when reviewing my life one this plane and finding out the places I fell short in my actions or failed to take action.

In the past, especially in grade school, junior high (middle school), high school, and college, my most nerve wracking experiences were the math tests. My was never my strongest subject and I had difficulty with some of the concepts. I always passed the courses with a high D or a C, but each test and waiting for the results was an excruciating experience. The weird thing about this entire math experience, is that when I got into computers and did some programming I didn't have problems with the math in that area. In college, my accounting courses didn't give me a problem because once I got into the spreadsheet I didn't have trouble understanding the formulas or setting up an account spreadsheet.

Now days, the most nervous I get is when I want to do something, but I'm not the one in control of the complete project or I have to wait for a response from someone else. I don't think I'm a control freak because I would prefer to work with others rather then tell other people what to do; it's just that... well, I'm not sure what it is. It could have something to do with red tape or that I think the situation should be moving faster then what it is; perhaps the problem is patience.

Sometimes I don't seem to have any patience at all. Then at other times I think I have too much patience and can't figure out what else I'm suppose to do the alleviate the situation. Especially now, when I need a place to live and no one has called me about the apartments. I swear they know I need one and are just not getting back to me on purse. Now my paranoia is rearing its ugly head (I really have to find another phrase that isn't a cliche).

Thought of the Day: "Our errors are surely not such awfully solemn things. In a world where we are so certain to incur them in spite of all our caution, a certain lightness of heart seems healthier than this excessive nervousness on their behalf." - William James

© Copyright 2014 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/802419-War-Chest-Tuesday-Nervous-times-past-present-and-future