*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/802574-Sometimes-you-just-need-a-cookie
Rated: 13+ · Book · Mystery · #1222498
A place for random thoughts, ideas, and fun!
#802574 added January 8, 2014 at 2:42pm
Restrictions: None
Sometimes you just need a cookie
I tend not to use food as reward or incentive for my children, as I grew up with some not so great habits regarding the place of treats within my daily life.

That being said, last night poor Goldilocks was just looking so unhappy, unwell, and pathetic that it came out before I realized what I was saying – “I know what Goldilocks needs. Chocolate chip cookies.” I did a quick take over my shoulder to make sure someone wasn’t manipulating me with a voodoo doll or something, and then I got up and made cookies. At 8:30 at night. Unsolicited. Despite the fact that I hadn’t even made dinner since I wasn’t feeling well. Despite the fact that my palate was off and the dough tasted salty to me.

Somehow, I just knew. She’s a girl who just needs some unconditional loving, and she was feeling really shaky. The look of excitement in her eyes when I mentioned chocolate chip cookies FOR HER was most definitely worth the effort of defrosting the margarine, mixing the dough, and baking the cookies. No one else in the house contradicted my declaration, of course. In fact, there may have been a few motions seconding the idea.

When the cookies were out of the oven, Goldilocks said she wasn’t hungry. I KNEW she wasn’t feeling well. *Shock* A little while later she got up and had a cookie. This morning she was all better and went to school.

Because sometimes, you just need a cookie.

© Copyright 2014 Merry Mumsy (UN: amygdalia at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Merry Mumsy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/802574-Sometimes-you-just-need-a-cookie