*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/802649-Double-Entry-Thursday-an-Opinion-and-Love
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#802649 added January 9, 2014 at 10:26am
Restrictions: None
Double Entry Thursday an Opinion and Love
It's Opinion Thursday! The January 9, 2014 prompt for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS is
What issues would you take a stand on, and what campaign promises would you make, if you ran for Mayor of your current town or city?

First, I don't know why anyone in their right mind or even the left mind would want to run for a political office of any kind. Second, I'm not running for Mayor of Las Vegas or any other political office. It isn't that I probably couldn't get elected, I mean Las Vegas once had an ex-mob attorney for mayor and now his wife is mayor. Obviously anyone or almost anyone can run for office in Las Vegas and get elected.

I wouldn't run for political office because there is too much disunity and partisan politics, but if I was going to run for an office the platform would be unify across party lines. I don't think a platform like that would get anyone elected because the constituents one party thinks the constituents of the other is going to hell because of either religious beliefs, their political affiliation or both. As a results the constituents of the other party are offended because of this implication and don't want to cooperate.

Before going on to the rest of this entry, which is about love. Take a look at my favorite president, who is trying to make the world more awesome and give it a reason to dance.



DAY 416: JANUARY 9TH PROMPT for "Blogging Circle of Friends Prompt Forum is
"Tis better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all." Is this true?

This quote refers to the love of one human being towards another, which is only one of the four types of love. Since there are four different types or kinds of love, love can never be lost. Sometimes we confuse the love of one person toward another with passion rather then love.

Love is never lost,
but becomes the seed
of opportunity
and test;
from which will grow
a stronger,
brighter love.

Love is a spiritual attribute that manifest itself on the physical plane. A strong love requires that both participants have good self-esteem and respect for the other person and themselves. Love requires daily work and sacrifice on the part of both individuals.

Thought of the Day: "Love is only of the four kinds that I have explained. (a) The love of God towards the identity of God. Christ has said God is Love. (b) The love of God for His children—for His servants. (c) The love of man for God and (d) the love of man for man1. These four kinds of love originate from God. These are rays from the Sun of Reality; these are the Breathings of the Holy Spirit; these are the Signs of the Reality." - ‘Abdu’l-Bahá, Paris Talks, page 182, The Four Kinds of Love

Footnotes
1  In the scriptures, man refers to humanity rather then individuals.


© Copyright 2014 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/802649-Double-Entry-Thursday-an-Opinion-and-Love