*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/802767-Final-Goodbye-in-3-Days
Rated: E · Book · Other · #1962205
You are what you write. Illusion and Reality...I reside in between. Where are you?
#802767 added January 10, 2014 at 8:14am
Restrictions: None
Final Goodbye in 3 Days
Final Goodbye in 3 Days

When I tell folks I'm leaving, they usually don't get it. How to explain my Visa was not renewed, and would not be. For most, their experience is a trip away for a weekend, a month or two at most...then home again.

When I say, I'm going to the other side of the Earth, and probably won't be back, I get incredulous looks and protests. The real world is run by governments and their foreign policy, their trade, their currency---all that stuff. Unless one travels to other countries you never interface with international borders. Fortunately, on this trip I will only have to exit Iran with the proper 'exit stamp', fines paid, ticket in hand, etc. Then on to Germany, then Mexico, and finally after many, many hours, the border of Belize, and home at last!

Well, not quite. There still is a three and a half hour bus ride. But at that point I usually can sleep anywhere. The concern is always watching and hanging on to the precious luggage. One suitcase, and one carry-on backpack, and the camera. That's all.

The first time I really moved from Carmel Valley to Hollywood, it took a moving van full of books, beds, furniture, clothes, tools. Like 14 years of accumulation. Well, no more. If you can't carry it, it stays behind. Well, my partner is going...but that's another story for another time.

We've been to dinner last night with extended family and another part of the family this morning for breakfast...goodbys all around, a few tears and quick out the door to not argue about why.

My life is in the web-book with the two novels and all the notes and research. Happily there are copies in my portfolio of the partly finished work.
    Iguanamountain lives!

Until next time. >>>iggy

          ** Image ID #1264233 Unavailable **

© Copyright 2014 iguanamountain (UN: iguanamountain at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
iguanamountain has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/802767-Final-Goodbye-in-3-Days