*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/802876-Creative-Saturday-Creative-cooking-and-puddles
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#802876 added January 11, 2014 at 11:47am
Restrictions: None
Creative Saturday: Creative cooking and puddles
It's Creation Saturday! The January 11, 2014 prompt for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS is
Do you cook? Share with us one of your favorite recipes to prepare. Did you invent it yourself? An old family creation? If you don't cook, remind all of us why we shouldn't let you near a stove.

It's Saturday and the creative cooking bug stung me overnight. Since I have difficulty cooking a mean for just one person, I'm fixing my breakfast and either my lunch or supper, while I'm composing this entry. This is one of those mornings when I have to sit down between peeling and dicing the ingredients.

1 red onion any size you chose or have on hand peeled and diced
1 green pepper any size you chose or have on hand sliced and diced
1 bok choy any size you chose or have on hand diced or sliced depending on the size of pieces you want
6 potatoes peeled and sliced (you can use more if you like because six was all I have in the house)

I peel, slice, and dice everything before turning on the electric skillet to warm. After slicing the ingredients, I put them all in the same container to wait for the skillet to heat. I don't know how much oil I put in the skillet because I don't use a measuring spoon. I pour the oil into the skillet and then turn the skillet on t o heat. Once the skillet reaches the temperature I want, I put all the ingredients in making sure that I mix them while they are cooking. Since the only spices in the house I have are cinnamon and pepper, I use those in this dish. I don't know how much of each I use because I just shake them on while the ingredients are cooking.

DAY 419: January 11th, 2014 is National Step in a Puddle and Splash Your Friend Day *Vamp* The writing prompt for "Blogging Circle of Friends Prompt Forum is
Would you or better yet have you done that to a friend in fun? What other silly things have you and a friend shared looking back on?
If you could write this friend an anonymous letter would they know by the situation that is was from you without you signing the letter?

I have fun cooking and writing, since most of my friends are on Facebook and update their status several times a time I can only presume they have fun updating their status. I mean what's the use of dong something if you're not having fun. As for writing them an anonymous letter, I'm not sure that's a good idea because many of my old school friends are fanatics when i t comes to religion and politics.

The friends I value most, along with my friends on writing.com, are those I met after I came to Las Vegas who view earth as a single country and humanity as its citizens. These are the friends I could jump in puddles with or splash. The rest I will keep in my prayers, but their fanaticism prevents any real discussions beyond the polite how are you and nice weather isn't it types of discussions.

Thought of the Day: “The world is mud-luscious and puddle-wonderful.” - E. E. Cummings

© Copyright 2014 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/802876-Creative-Saturday-Creative-cooking-and-puddles