*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/803335-Cupcake-catastrophe
Rated: 13+ · Book · Mystery · #1222498
A place for random thoughts, ideas, and fun!
#803335 added January 14, 2014 at 9:08pm
Restrictions: None
Cupcake catastrophe
Just one of those days when the best of plans go awry. I promised Goldilocks that I’d bake her cupcakes to take to school tomorrow for her birthday. No problem. Bought cake mix, fun frosting, and planned to make them today.

So I assembled my ingredients, softened my butter, and got to work. The batter felt weird as I was beating it, and looked more like frosting than cake batter. Nonetheless, I put it into the cupcake tins, and into the oven it went. When I checked a little while later . . . oh my goodness! Stop expanding! What are you doing!?!? Thankfully they didn’t spill over the sides of the muffin tin. But when they came out of the oven, oh dear. It looked like cookie topped muffins. Flat and crinkly. Getting them out of the tins was impossible, and they just didn’t taste right. *Sad*

So of course that put me in an irritable mood. Do I buy more cake mix and try again? Or just buy cupcakes at the store? Guess which option I chose. I was NOT in the mood to try again.

Of course, now I have guilt. Goldilocks is happy, since I bought cute cupcakes to send to school. But I consider it a Mom fail. *sigh*

© Copyright 2014 Merry Mumsy (UN: amygdalia at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Merry Mumsy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/803335-Cupcake-catastrophe