*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/803479-War-Chest-Wednesday-A-Childhood-Experience
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#803479 added January 16, 2014 at 9:24am
Restrictions: None
War Chest Wednesday: A Childhood Experience
It's War Chest Wednesday! The January 15, 2014 prompt for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS is
Write about a childhood experience that you remember vividly. Include as much sensory detail as possible.

Since I'm going to be catching up on the writing prompts that I didn't do on Wednesday, I'll start here and write my way through them. I'm not entirely sure what happened on Wednesday, but I think part of the problem was that I didn't start writing Wednesday morning like I usually do, which had an affect on my mood. accomplishing my writing goals, and everything else I did during the day.

I accomplished two things on Wednesday. First, I accomplished was looking at a studio and a two bedroom apartment, I decided on the studio because I have to take into account my ability to clean it by myself. Also, if I have more then one bedroom I have a tendency to collect stuff that I don't need, but for some reason can't bring myself to get rid of, so I decided on the studio and chose to downsize even more then I have already. Second, I went to my grief counseling meeting and considering the way the decision to downsize more affected (or is the effected) me yesterday, I'll be attending for the next year to deal with the issues I encounter in moving.

Childhood Experience

One of my most vivid childhood experiences was watching Grandpa Frank roll his own cigarettes. He would remove one cigarette paper from the pack, lay it flat on the table, and then open the tin containing the tobacco. After opening the tin of Prince Albert Smoking Tobacco, he removed a pinch, placed it on the cigarette paper, spread it out, and then (if necessary) removed another pinch of tobacco. Grandpa did this until the tobacco form a straight row down the center of the paper, when he had enough tobacco on the paper to make a good smoke, he would close the paper over the top of the tobacco and seal it with saliva, and take the cigarette outside or into his room to smoke. If he was going to fill his cigarette case then he would continue rolling smokes until the case was full.


© Copyright 2014 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/803479-War-Chest-Wednesday-A-Childhood-Experience